Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    Run on WR!
    I did notice that once you picked Drew Brees, you told everyone you could that there was a run on QB and that my reasoning was persuasive. Now you're doing the same with WR.

Honestly, there are some good overlooked players around at a bunch of positions.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• On the phone, can someone do you the honor?

01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN
      01.02 Berzerker - Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - JAX
      01.03 snoopy - Ray Rice - RB - BAL
      01.04 Flash9286 - Adrian Peterson - RB - MIN
      01.05 Jaguar - Peyton Manning - QB - IND
      01.06 Al B. - Frank Gore - RB - SF
      01.07 MRT - Aaron Rodgers - QB - GB
      01.08 Spaced Cowboy - Michael Turner - RB - ATL
      01.09 OzzyKP - Drew Brees - QB - NO
      01.10 joncha - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - PIT
      01.11 duke o' york - Matt Schaub - QB - HOU
      01.12 Imran - Steven Jackson - RB - StL
      01.13 Guynemer - Tony Romo - QB - DAL
      01.14 Sloww - Ryan Mathews - RB - SD

02.14 Sloww - Tom Brady - QB - NE
      02.13 Guynemer - Larry Fitzgerald - WR - ARI
      02.12 Imran - Joe Flacco - QB - BAL
      02.11 duke o' york - Miles Austin - WR - DAL
      02.10 joncha - Phillip Rivers - QB - SD
      02.09 OzzyKP - Andre Johnson - WR - HOU
      02.08 Spaced Cowboy - DeAngelo Williams RB - CAR
      02.07 MRT - Calvin Johnson - WR - DET
      02.06 Al B. - Randy Moss - WR - NE
      02.05 Jaguar -
      02.04 Flash9286
      02.03 snoopy -
      02.02 Berzerker -
      02.01 Jonny -

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
      Run on WR!
      Nah. Looking at who's left to pick after Jaguar, they'll probably all grab the last of the solid QB's (Eli Manning, McNabb, Matt Ryan). And still probably be able to grab a serviceable RB or WR at the start of the 3rd round. They're probably all looking like the remaining top QB's are about the same, as are the remaining top RB's and WR's so pretty much whether snoopy or berzerker picks for example a QB or an RB is kind of irrelevant because there'll still be someone solid at the start of the 3rd for the position they missed out on. There's no reason why someone who goes for Ryan Grant now won't be able to snatch up McNabb at the start of the 3rd, for example, or vice versa. Flash isn't in an enviable position though cause he's going to have to predict what berzerker and snoopy are going to snatch up first. If he goes different than them, by picking a QB and they pick RB's, he'll be missing out on a value RB by picking after them at the start of the 3rd.
      Last edited by Al B. Sure!; August 3, 2010, 21:59.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• 01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN

02.05 Jaguar - Jamaal Charles - RB - KC
        02.04 Flash9286
        02.03 snoopy -
        02.02 Berzerker -
        02.01 Jonny -

I feel OK waiting on WR for a bit. There's kind of a quality plateau at this point, with the studs like Andre and Randy gone. Meanwhile, there's a dropoff in RB quality, and I don't want to be on the wrong side of it. People at this end of the draft tend not to want to pick an RB in the late 4th, so I expect RBs to mix in. There are certainly worthwhile WRs to take, but not everything has to be a run.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• Jamaal Charles

You just snatched away the title of biggest reach from Imran, Jaguar!
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
            I did notice that once you picked Drew Brees, you told everyone you could that there was a run on QB and that my reasoning was persuasive. Now you're doing the same with WR.

Honestly, there are some good overlooked players around at a bunch of positions.

I notice also that after you talked up QBs (and I joined you) you didn't comment on my addition. But now that you haven't yet taken a WR you are questioning my motives...
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Jamaal Charles is going to be good but he would've still been there in the 3rd unless one of the next few pickers are in love with the guy. There's a number of RB's that are safer bets than Charles that I would've expected to be taken before him. And by a number, I mean 5 or 6.

Comment

• AS, that means your evaluation of Charles is actually farther from the market average than mine.

Only Shonn Greene and Ryan Grant are, on average, drafted before Charles. As to why I took him over the two RBs ranked above:

1. This league gives points per reception. Most leagues don't. Do you know how many receptions Shonn Greene has in his career? Zero. Technically, he has one in the playoffs. Grant, too, is a lesser receiver.
                2. Charles' numbers last year (which are really good!) basically come from the latter half of last season. Expand him to a full season of starting and he'll be great.
                3. The Chiefs have the easiest overall schedule in the league.

Comment

• Jaguar:

Who is going to be scoring TD's in Kansas City? It sure aint going to be Charles (Thomas Jones). Do Ryan Grant and Shonn Greene have a good chance at double digit TD's? Most definitely.

I mean I believe TD's are pretty random but certain guys have shown that they can punch it in at the goal-line. Charles hasn't and he's in a platoon system. Don't be saying I didn't tell you when you're cringing as Thomas Jones vultures scores.

Comment

• 01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN

02.05 Jaguar - Jamaal Charles - RB - KC
                    02.04 Flash9286 - Reggie Wayne - WR- IND
                    02.03 snoopy -
                    02.02 Berzerker -
                    02.01 Jonny -
                    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Take the skill position players off the board! Let's stick it to the early QB drafters!

Comment

• You're smart to believe that TDs are pretty random, but they are important, and I do in fact think Charles will have the fewest TDs of the three. However, he will make up more than enough ground in receiving numbers. He'll get probably 60 points this year from receiving, and I'd be surprised to see Greene pass 35. That's over four rushing TDs worth of difference.

Comment

• This thread is adorable.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• List sent to Jag.

Comment

• Jonny, you are a good, upstanding man for sending a list.

Comment

• Snoopy is online! Now where is Berzerker?

Jrabbit, what is so adorable?

Comment

Working...
                                X