Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Totally.

Well, he certainly should have been. But if not, still a low downside vs all the premium WRs (plus more RBs) about to disappear. IMHO.

But obviously you're sold on him. Your call.
    No one will see my 3rd round Mark Sanchez pick coming!
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• n/m wrong thread
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The next 3 QB's to be drafted are all better (and less risky) than Flacco (4 if Brett Favre suddenly says he's not retiring before we're done with this round).

Actually the Favre situation really makes things interesting. Favre should come off the board some time soon but with his status, no one's going to draft him. If he ends up playing, someone's going to be able to get Favre on the crazy low cheap (JAGUAR, you should make some contingency plan if Favre plays after we're done drafting with regards to rules about picking him up).

It also greatly affects the value of Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          What? You're in a draft right now. This will extend your excitement for an extra week.

So chill.
          It's excrutiating. Now that I'm clued in on to the fact this is actually happening, i want it to go quickly!
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
            It's excrutiating. Now that I'm clued in on to the fact this is actually happening, i want it to go quickly!
            You're just like Slowwhand.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I raised my eyebrows too when Imran sent me his list. But I didn't say anything. For one thing, it's not my job to advise people on picks before they're made. And for another, I remember the last time I told Imran he reached.

I told him he had reached for a rookie Adrian Peterson.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Fortunately, I once again have joncha's pick! Lists are awesome!

01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN
                01.02 Berzerker - Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - JAX
                01.03 snoopy - Ray Rice - RB - BAL
                01.04 Flash9286 - Adrian Peterson - RB - MIN
                01.05 Jaguar - Peyton Manning - QB - IND
                01.06 Al B. - Frank Gore - RB - SF
                01.07 MRT - Aaron Rodgers - QB - GB
                01.08 Spaced Cowboy - Michael Turner - RB - ATL
                01.09 OzzyKP - Drew Brees - QB - NO
                01.10 joncha - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - PIT
                01.11 duke o' york - Matt Schaub - QB - HOU
                01.12 Imran - Steven Jackson - RB - StL
                01.13 Guynemer - Tony Romo - QB - DAL
                01.14 Sloww - Ryan Mathews - RB - SD

02.14 Sloww - Tom Brady - QB - NE
                02.13 Guynemer - Larry Fitzgerald - WR - ARI
                02.12 Imran - Joe Flacco - QB - BAL
                02.11 duke o' york - Miles Austin - WR - DAL
                02.10 joncha - Phillip Rivers - QB - SD
                02.09 OzzyKP -
                02.08 Spaced Cowboy -
                02.07 MRT -
                02.06 Al B. -
                02.05 Jaguar -
                02.04 Flash9286
                02.03 snoopy -
                02.02 Berzerker -
                02.01 Jonny -
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  You're just like Slowwhand.
                  You say that like it's a bad thing.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I have a pick for Spaced Cowboy. I believe I don't have anything for Ozzy, so I'll PM him.

Comment

• That right there was the QB that Imran should have taken. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for Joe Flacco to be selected before Philip Rivers. I guess for Imran, it's a karma thing. He got lucky getting Steven Jackson so late but had to balance out the universe with a reach for Flacco.

EDIT: Nevermind on Favre.

Comment

• You can draft anyone, even if they're possibly retiring or an unsigned free agent. It's up to you to think about how much you want to discount them because of those concerns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                          You can draft anyone, even if they're possibly retiring or an unsigned free agent. It's up to you to think about how much you want to discount them because of those concerns.
                          Yeah that's why I edited it to nevermind.

Comment

• Come on Ozzy... if he posted, we could knock out the next 5 in seconds!

Comment

• He also has to take a player who is not [redacted]. There is a single player remaining from the list that Spaced sent me previously, whom I will pick for him if possible.

Comment

• Picking towards the bottom of a 14-team draft is troublesome. By the time my second batch of picks rolls around (Slowwy too), there won't be any top talent left at all. Hence reaching for a WR early.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X