No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rays did their job by KOing the BoSox.

Now the Tigers have to do their job.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Frankly I don't care who comes out of the AL. I'm excited though about a potential Philadelphia-Milwaukee NLCS!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Philly wins!

Next up - Little Roy. Hopefully they can close it out in 4 to have Big Roy ready again to start the NLCS.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Tigers starting to run out of time here. AJ Burnett is off the field. They have to try to get 3 runs in the 7th and 8th before Rivera comes in.

Soriano with the 7th inning done. Will the Yankees even bother to bring in Rivera? If they can get 6 more outs, they can leave him for game 5.
          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 4, 2011, 22:52.

Comment

• Ozzy, you have failed me for the last time.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• 6-1 yankees, runners on the corner, no outs. Think it's over.

Back to Yankee stadium for game 5.

7-1 yankees, bases loaded, still no outs.
              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 4, 2011, 23:12.

Comment

• 10-1. I hope that Ozzy is enjoying himself.

Inning finally ends. That was just sad. Tigers are now -14 runs in the series so far.

Comment

• Can't say that the Tigers are looking like Yankee killers here. Gotta go with a rested Rivera closing out game 5.

Sorry Ozzy and Guy.

Comment

• Cubs talking to Boston about permission to talk to Epstein. Reports are that they would allow interview on condition that compensation be made for hiring Epstein. How about Soriano and the rest of his contract.

Comment

• I blame Ozzy for the Tigers

Looks like Arizona ain't done yet either as they teed off on Marcum.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• ****ing Yankees.

Sorry Guy. I let everyone down. I'll be sure not to attend the game on Thursday.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• 1. Imran was absolutely right about the strike zone in game 3 of the Yanks/Tigers ALDS. It was awful. The Brooksbaseball plot says it all. Game 4 was better, though still irritating at times. The umps are very vunerable to three things: a skewed perception of the zone based on where they set up behind the catcher; calling based on where the ball is caught; and whether or not the pitcher hit his spot (if the catcher has to move his glove, often a strike gets called a ball. The reverse can be true for pitches close to, but off, the corners). Some people are fine with this. Others find it frustrating. I'm in the latter group.

2. I can't really complain about it coming down to a Nova v. Fister game 5.

-Arrian

p.s. I should note, as regards the umps rewarding pitchers for hitting their spots, even if the spot is off the plate, that no one benefits more from this than Mariano Rivera.
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• White Sox to introduce Robin Ventura as their next manager

The hire sucks. He never managed or assistant managed a team before on any level. I'm not sure what the White Sox were thinking here. Or if they were thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                              Cubs talking to Boston about permission to talk to Epstein. Reports are that they would allow interview on condition that compensation be made for hiring Epstein. How about Soriano and the rest of his contract.
                              How about tossing in Zambrano as well to sweeten the deal?

Comment

• Jesus God this game is making me nervous.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X