Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And it looks like Tuberville is the new Texas Tech coach:

I hope this means Dan McCarney will get the USF job.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I've heard a rumor that USC may be going to Mike Riley to fill Carroll's shoes.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Everyone's heard that rumor.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Wow.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Incidentally, how the conferences stacked up in the bowls, ranked first by total wins, then by most impressive wins in case of tie:

SEC (6-4)
            Wins: #1 over Big 12 #1; #2 over Big East #1; #4 over Big 12 #3; #5 over Big 12 #8; #6 over C-USA #1; #7 over Big Ten #5

Big Ten (4-3)
            Wins: #1 over Pac-10 #1; #2 over ACC #1; #3 over SEC #3; #4 over ACC #3

Big 12 (4-4)
            Wins: #2 over Pac-10 #2; #4 over Big Ten #6; #5 over Pac-10 #4; #7 over Big Ten #7

MWC (4-1)
            Wins: #2 over Pac-10 #3; #3 over Pac-10 #6; #4 over C-USA #2; #5 over WAC #3

Big East (4-2)
            Wins: #2 over ACC #6; #4 over C-USA #3; #5 over SEC #10; #6 over MAC #5

ACC (3-4)
            Wins: #2 over SEC #6; #4 over SEC #8; #7 over Big East #3

WAC (2-2)
            Wins: #1 over MWC #1; #4 over MAC #4

Pac-10 (2-5)
            Wins: #5 over ACC #4; #7 over MAC #3

C-USA (2-4)
            Wins: #4 over WAC #2; #6 over MAC #2

Independants (1-0)
            Wins: #1 over Big 12 #6

MAC (1-4)
            Wins: #1 over Sun Belt #1

Sun Belt (1-1)
            Wins: #2 over C-USA #5

Comment

• Nebraska was the #3 Big 12 team, not the #2.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• If you are going by total wins, and not bull****, clearly the MWC is the second best conference now.

SEC (6-4)
                Wins: #1 over Big 12 #1; #2 over Big East #1; #4 over Big 12 #3; #5 over Big 12 #8; #6 over C-USA #1; #7 over Big Ten #5

MWC (4-1)
                Wins: #2 over Pac-10 #3; #3 over Pac-10 #6; #4 over C-USA #2; #5 over WAC #3

Big East (4-2)
                Wins: #2 over ACC #6; #4 over C-USA #3; #5 over SEC #10; #6 over MAC #5

Big Ten (4-3)
                Wins: #1 over Pac-10 #1; #2 over ACC #1; #3 over SEC #3; #4 over ACC #3

Big 12 (4-4)
                Wins: #2 over Pac-10 #2; #4 over Big Ten #6; #5 over Pac-10 #4; #7 over Big Ten #7

ACC (3-4)
                Wins: #2 over SEC #6; #4 over SEC #8; #7 over Big East #3

WAC (2-2)
                Wins: #1 over MWC #1; #4 over MAC #4

C-USA (2-4)
                Wins: #4 over WAC #2; #6 over MAC #2

Pac-10 (2-5)
                Wins: #5 over ACC #4; #7 over MAC #3

Independants (1-0)
                Wins: #1 over Big 12 #6

Sun Belt (1-1)
                Wins: #2 over C-USA #5

MAC (1-4)
                Wins: #1 over Sun Belt #1
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                  Nebraska was the #3 Big 12 team, not the #2.
                  Could've gone either way, I suppose, but mea culpa.

Comment

• I assumed you were assigning rankings by the order in which teams were selected for bowls, which may not be the case. I obviously think Nebraska was a better team than Oklahoma State, but OSU was the second team selected from the Big 12.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I went by conference record, and in case of ties, used my subjective judgment.

How do you think the Huskers will do next year, Drake? Any chance they develop an offense? Will the defense hold up?

Comment

• How do you think the Huskers will do next year, Drake? Any chance they develop an offense? Will the defense hold up?

I don't have a clue. All I know is that the Big Ten would have 4 top-ten teams in this 2010 preseason poll if they added Nebraska...

Mark Schlabach is pegging Alabama as the nation's top 2010 team in his Way-Too-Early Top 25.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Consider yourselves invited.

It's be way, way, way too early to affirm this, but I'm hoping this year's stunning bowl showing by the Big Ten is a sign of things swinging back up for the conference. It also raises my good feelings regarding Michigan this year, from 0% to 0.2%; given the way the top four teams performed, I'm ever-so-slightly hopeful that Michigan wasn't quite the abortion they appeared to be.

Comment

• Lots of speculation on the ND fan boards that USC's football program is going to be sanctioned by the NCAA because of the Reggie Bush scandal. Perhaps this played a factor in Carroll's decision.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Now we just need sanctions on Navy and Notre Dame is right back in the national title hunt.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                                X