Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to state for the record: TCU vs. Boise in the Fiesta would be complete BS on the part of the bowl committees.
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
      Playoffs

Tonight's SEC Championship and Big 12 Championship games would've meant a lot less if we had a playoff system.
      BS. Winning it would allow the teams to be in the playoff. A playoff would mean that teams like Florida and Texas could stop playing Fuzznut Univeristy as a non conference game.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Ndamukong Suh, - 12 tackles, including seven for loss, and 4.5 sacks.

I listened to most of the game, driving all over the place last night, it seemed I heard his name after the play.

SUH FOR HEISMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Suh was all over the field.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Playoffs

Tonight's SEC Championship and Big 12 Championship games would've meant a lot less if we had a playoff system.
            Depends on the playoff system in question.

In my playoff system, they would've meant everything.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Christ Turns Down 3-Year, Multimillion Dollar Deal To Coach Notre Dame

SOUTH BEND, IN—Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Savior of All Mankind, and current defensive coordinator at Middle Tennessee State, said Monday that He would not accept Notre Dame's 3-year, $5.6 million offer to coach the Fighting Irish. "I love Notre Dame and respect their football legacy, but no matter what you've accomplished before coaching there, once you're a Golden Domer, the expectations, frankly, are unrealistic," said Christ, whose family has been involved with the university since its founding. "I've had people turn on Me before, and it really put Me through hell. But even more importantly, I've made a commitment to stay with the Blue Raiders through 2015." Christ denied asking Notre Dame to remove His likeness from the building overlooking their stadium, saying He liked a good joke as much as anybody.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...ns_down_3_year

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski;5717222
                [SIZE=6
                SUH FOR HEISMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

ACK!
                After last night, I'd find it hard to argue with that.

Suh and Gerhart would top my list.

Comment

• Originally posted by reismark View Post
                  Just to state for the record: TCU vs. Boise in the Fiesta would be complete BS on the part of the bowl committees.
                  Yes and no.

On the one hand, I think everyone would like to see undefeated teams play one another.

On the other, this matchup would reek of the BCS not wanting non-BCS schools administering another beatdown of BCS conference teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by reismark View Post
                    Just to state for the record: TCU vs. Boise in the Fiesta would be complete BS on the part of the bowl committees.
                    True, but a guy at ESPN expects it to happen.

Texas might have struggled to beat Nebraska, but that shouldn't stop the Horns from reaching the title game.

When the final BCS standings come out Sunday night at 8 ET, expect Alabama to be a near-unanimous No. 1. Despite Texas' struggles in the Big 12 championship game, the Longhorns look very safe for No. 2.

Although there should be a significant drop-off in points from the Crimson Tide to No. 2 Texas, there will be another big drop down to the next teams. Projections indicate TCU edging Cincinnati for third and Florida coming in at No. 5.

Brad Edwards' BCS Bowl ProjectionsBowl Matchup
                    BCS Title Alabama versus Texas
                    Rose Bowl Ohio St. versus Oregon
                    Fiesta Bowl TCU versus Boise State
                    Orange Bowl Ga. Tech versus Iowa
                    Sugar Bowl Florida versus Cincinnati

The Longhorns' narrow 13-12 win over Nebraska will give Texas a boost in the computers because that part of the BCS formula doesn't consider margin of victory. Cincinnati and Texas will be close in the computers, but the Horns will be way ahead of the Horned Frogs. TCU won't be helped by not playing this week and Clemson's loss to Georgia Tech in the ACC title game.

The human element of the BCS formula is where there could be some movement. But the gap looks too big for Cincinnati or TCU to hurdle Texas. Nearly two-thirds of the 173 voters would have to vote the Horned Frogs and Bearcats in front of the Horns on their ballots to put Texas in real danger.

It would be shocking to see the Longhorns lose that much ground in the polls. In other words, Texas has nothing to worry about. The Horns will end up No. 2 and face Alabama in the Citi BCS National Championship Game.

As for how the rest of the BCS bowls will shake out, the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl holds the key. The Fiesta has a history of taking a maverick approach. The bowl loves to create matchups that haven't been done before. Expect more of the same Sunday.

The Allstate Sugar Bowl has the first pick and will take Florida. The Fiesta Bowl has the next at-large pick. Expect TCU to be that selection. The FedEx Orange Bowl should take Iowa next, but it would not shock me if Penn State is picked instead of the Hawkeyes.

The Fiesta Bowl would have the next selection. The Fiesta will be able to create the first matchup of undefeated teams in a BCS bowl game other than the title game. Look for the Fiesta to take Boise State over Cincinnati. The Broncos travel well and would bring a host of fans to Glendale, Ariz. That would leave the Sugar Bowl to select Cincinnati to face Florida.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I don't know about that. TCU and Boise State just played each other in last year's bowl games. Of course, most people don't know that, as they only watch the Championship, so the Fiesta may be counting on that ignorance.

It should be a good game regardless. It'd be even better if the winner got to play the Bama/Texas winner the following week.

Comment

• Incidentally, Sagarin's ELO-CHESS rankings (the rankings used in the BCS formula):

1. Alabama
                        2. Florida
                        3. Cincinnati
                        4. TCU
                        5. Texas
                        6. Oregon
                        7. Boise State
                        8. LSU
                        9. Georgia Tech
                        10. Virginia Tech

Comment

• 1. Boise
                          2. TCU
                          3. Texas
                          4. Cincy
                          5. Bama
                          6. Florida
                          7. BYU
                          8. Georgia Tech
                          9. Penn St.
                          10. Oregon
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Weirdest end-of-season trivia:

While being the undeniably weakest BCS conference overall, the Big Ten is also the only conference in Div I-A to have at least four 9+ win teams.

While arguably the best BCS conference, the Pac 10, is one of only two conferences to have only one 9+ win team.

Weirder still, the other such conference is the laughable WAC, where the 9+ win school in question roundly beat the Pac 10's only such school.

Another weird bit of trivia: The Mountain West's nine teams lined up perfectly in the final standings, with TCU 8-0 on top, CSU 0-8 on the bottom, and every other team in the middle having lost to all the teams above them, and beaten all the teams below them.

And the most awesome statistic at the end of the season:

USC 8-4 (5-4), tied for fifth in the Pac 10.

Comment

• 6. Oregon
                              7. Boise State
                              So what's the point of even playing the games? 2 loss Oregon is better than the team that beat it?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Christ Turns Down 3-Year, Multimillion Dollar Deal To Coach Notre Dame

SOUTH BEND, IN—Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Savior of All Mankind, and current defensive coordinator at Middle Tennessee State, said Monday that He would not accept Notre Dame's 3-year, $5.6 million offer to coach the Fighting Irish. "I love Notre Dame and respect their football legacy, but no matter what you've accomplished before coaching there, once you're a Golden Domer, the expectations, frankly, are unrealistic," said Christ, whose family has been involved with the university since its founding. "I've had people turn on Me before, and it really put Me through hell. But even more importantly, I've made a commitment to stay with the Blue Raiders through 2015." Christ denied asking Notre Dame to remove His likeness from the building overlooking their stadium, saying He liked a good joke as much as anybody.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...ns_down_3_year

Awesome!
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X