Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My impression was that Tebow was playing for the Heisman rather than the SEC Championship. He lost both.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I'm not watching the Big 12 championship. Question: Enthralling war of defenses, or cure for insomnia?
      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Defensive struggle.
        Nebraska has no offense at all. Texas is playing field position with them, and waiting.
        Nebraska's defense, especially Suh, looks good.

Tre' Newton, a freshman RB, is going to be good over the next few years. He's the son of former Cowboy OL Nate Newton.
        Last edited by SlowwHand; December 6, 2009, 00:19.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• McCoy throws his 3rd int, and it may hurt.

Comment

• If I had a Heisman Trophy vote, I'm thinking I'd be casting it for Mark Ingram RB Alabama.

Comment

• wow

Comment

• Yes, sir. wow.

Comment

• Nebraska sure has an outstanding defense. If they even had a bit of offense, they would have run away with this one.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    That would just about convince me that the whole process is ridiculous.

So the fact that no less than three undefeated teams won't get the chance to play for the title isn't enough to convince you that the whole process is ridiculous?
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• A team jumping the one in front of them under those circumstances is what we're talking about. I'm for a playoff. What was said was in regard to this year. There is no playoff, and no reason for TCU to lose a spot.

Comment

• Texas = Homer Simpson after saving the power plant on an eenie-meenie-miney-moe. One could make a case for them being jumped after their performance tonight (not that it'll happen).

BCS will likely be, after all that:

BCS National Championship: Alabama vs. Texas
                        Rose Bowl: Oregon vs. Ohio State
                        Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. TCU
                        Fiesta Bowl: Iowa vs. Boise State
                        Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Cincinnati

I still think Georgia Tech/Cincinnati, TCU/Iowa and Florida/Boise make more sense, but that's just me.
                        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• There's no reason for TCU to "have" that "spot" in the first place, since they played an easier schedule. I love the underdog as much as anyone, Sloww, but if we must rank teams, instead of having teams play either other, I'd rather rank the undefeated team with the tougher schedule first.

Comment

• God I hate Texas. Those overrated ****s don't deserve to play in the national title game.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• After today's action, one would have to think the Tide will be heavy favorites, but it would be foolish to count Texas out.

Comment

• Byte me, Drake

Most of the country chooses TCU going to play Alabama if Texas doesn't.
                                Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Texas 49%
                                TCU 31%
                                CIN 12%
                                Boise State 8%

Comment

Working...
                                X