Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I say? It wasn't a very convincing article.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Jesus, Dan.

Drake and I have accepted our teams' respective fall from grace. We've both come to terms with the fact that neither the Huskers nor the Wolverines are likely to be perennial contenders anymore. Why is this so hard for you?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• AO OA. Don't put Michigan in the same league as Nebraska.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Drake and I have accepted our teams' respective fall from grace. We've both come to terms with the fact that neither the Huskers nor the Wolverines are likely to be perennial contenders anymore. Why is this so hard for you?

I think you have reason to be more optimistic than myself or a rational ND fan; Michigan has a much stronger foundation to fall back on than either Nebraska or Notre Dame. Michigan has a fairly rich supply of in-state talent (158 NFL draft picks since 1988), especially in comparison to either Notre Dame (70 picks from Indiana) or Nebraska (43 picks). Michigan is also one of the two glamour schools in a major BCS conference. Notre Dame doesn't play in a conference and Nebraska has been supplanted by Texas as the Big 12 foil for Oklahoma. Michigan has more recruits to choose from and more reasons to convince recruits to come than either ND or Nebraska.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            And in another bad move for ND, it looks like they won't accept a bowl invite:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4713316
            Well, I don't think that's really a bad move, under the circumstances. They just fired their coach, the team is demoralized, and it's not like they'd be off on another pleasant trip to Hawaii. If they accepted the bowl invite and lost, it would probably do even more harm. I'd say it's better to call it a season, regroup with the new coach and look to next year for the fresh start.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Well, I don't think that's really a bad move, under the circumstances.

They're forfeiting weeks of extra practice time that a 6-6 team could definitely use.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• And besides, the players like bowl games.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The players voted it down.

Comment

• Don't you have a wall that you can talk to, Dan? A post? A chair? Any inanimate object will suffice.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• It's amazing what the mainstream press will fall for. A few ND fans pulled a prank with just a few clicks of the mouse, saying that ND was interested in Bret Bielema ( ), and a day later Alvarez and Bielema are busy denying the rumor after ESPN ran with the story in one of its blogs.

Notre Dame football,Notre Dame,Notre Dame Football News, ND Nation, Notre Dame Basketball, Notre Dame recruiting,Notre Dame football recruiting,Notre Dame Fighting Irish,college football,notre dame,Notre Dame baseball,Notre Dame basketball,Notre Dame sports,Notre Dame news,college sports,NDNation, NDNation.com, NDN

Comment

• The continued rumors that Bob Stoops is seriously considering an offer from ND is an even bigger joke.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I disbelieve most of those rumors too. They're probably coming from the fact that his OU contract has no buyout clause (he would only lose about $800,000 in bonuses) and therefore all ND would have to do is offer more than his annual OU pay. Also, he's a Cardinal Mooney boy. That school still regularly sends its best athletes and students to ND.

But he has a good situation at OU and I have heard that he doesn't hold ND in any special regard from his student days. Further, I get the feeling that he's motivated more by quality of life and less by the top dollar. Quality of life is low for the ND coaches, because of all of the travel.

The rumor that has the most legs with me is Jon Gruden. But Swarbrick, ND's AD, has stated that he wants someone with experience building a winning top tier college program, which would seem to exclude Gruden. It's a shame, because Gruden would be an outstanding hire. Probably the only two coaches fitting that criteria would be Stoops and Saban.

In any event, Swarbrick has been flying under the radar on this whole search. Don't think anybody in ND's athletic department even knows what's going on, which is a rare occurrence. At this point, it's just between the candidates, Swarbrick, maybe his secretary, Gene Corrigan and the President of ND.
                          Last edited by DanS; December 5, 2009, 11:52.

Comment

• Why are we spending so much time talking a bout an insignificant football program?

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• What a terrible way for Pitt to lose. 45-44.

Pitt's holder on their last extra point sets the ball on the ground and it squirts out from under his finger.

Cincy then drive 61 yards in a minute to win the game.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Sorry, Cincinnati fans, but you don't get bumped over TCU after that.

Go Cornhuskers.
                                CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                                Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Working...
                                X