Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, OSU was ranked.

So what? OU was the favorite going into the game, so I don't see how it was an upset. The team that was favored to win did so.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Dude, **** Pete Carroll. He was just *****ing about Jim Harbaugh running up the score on USC a couple weeks ago and now he's scoring unnecessary touchdowns against UCLA with less than a minute left.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• USC is desperate to look good at any cost.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Well...

Expert recap and game analysis of the USC Trojans vs. UCLA Bruins NCAAF game from November 28, 2009 on ESPN.

LOS ANGELES -- When Matt Barkley kneeled down to end Southern California's (No. 20 ESPN/USA Today, No. 24 AP) victory in the final minute, UCLA defiantly stopped the clock with a timeout.

So the Trojans let 'er rip, throwing a long touchdown pass and then celebrating it with a taunting ferocity that brought the Bruins onto the field on the verge of a brawl.

UCLA's hands weren't clean on that either. It isn't like its all that likely to come back from 21-7 with less than a minute left.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It isn't like its all that likely to come back from 21-7 with less than a minute left.

It's still possible. It would be bad coaching for them not to have used the timeouts they had left.

Note that I'm not complaining about running up the score in general, which I'm fine with. I'm complaining about Carroll doing so just a couple weeks after he was so butt hurt about Stanford doing the same to him that he had to whine about it to Jim Harbaugh after the game.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS View Post
              I explained clearly why a Big 10 championship would mean nothing to ND while it means something to the current Big 10 members. Going to the Rose Bowl is a big deal to Big 10 and Pac 10 members because of the history involved. But let me be crystal clear. Nobody at ND gives a damn about a Big 10 championship and doesn't see the Rose Bowl in any special light versus, say, the Orange Bowl. You might think it's swell, but it does nothing for us.

Regarding recruits, as stated, even Weis was able to enroll a #1-ranked recruiting class. Weis has repeatedly trounced Michigan in recruiting, as one example. How on Earth would joining the Big 10 help ND recruit in California or Florida?

Please try to think about things from ND's perspective. It's not Michigan's perspective. Nor USC's. Nor Florida's. Nor Oklahoma's.
              I tried and I just can't get my head up my ass.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                Well...

Expert recap and game analysis of the USC Trojans vs. UCLA Bruins NCAAF game from November 28, 2009 on ESPN.

LOS ANGELES -- When Matt Barkley kneeled down to end Southern California's (No. 20 ESPN/USA Today, No. 24 AP) victory in the final minute, UCLA defiantly stopped the clock with a timeout.

So the Trojans let 'er rip, throwing a long touchdown pass and then celebrating it with a taunting ferocity that brought the Bruins onto the field on the verge of a brawl.

UCLA's hands weren't clean on that either. It isn't like its all that likely to come back from 21-7 with less than a minute left.
                Which game was it this weekend that 3 TD's were scored by a team in 2 minutes? Two them in about 10 seconds. I can't remember but I was reading about it last night.
                It may not be likely, but it's possible.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• AP poll is out.

Comment

• There are six games of importance over the next week as far as determining how the BCS will shake out:

12/3 · 9:00 PM · Oregon State at Oregon
                    12/5 · 12:00 PM · Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
                    12/5 · 3:00 PM · New Mexico State at Boise State
                    12/5 · 3:30 PM · Florida vs. Alabama (SEC Championship, Atlanta, GA)
                    12/5 · 8:00 PM · Texas vs. Nebraska (Big 12 Championship, Arlington, TX)
                    12/5 · 8:00 PM · Georgia Tech vs. Clemson (ACC Championship, Tampa, FL)

The implications of these games are as follows:

· The winner of the Civil War (Oregon State at Oregon) will win the Pac-10 and earn the automatic bid against Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. The loser, given the premium at which at-large bids may be available, is likely out of the running.
                    · The winner of the River City Rivalry (Cincinnati at Pittsburgh) will win the Big East and earn the automatic bid. Cincinnati has an outside chance at an at-large bid should they lose, given their undefeated record to this point.
                    · If Boise State can complete its undefeated season with a win over New Mexico State, they should receive an at-large bid.
                    · The winner of the SEC Championship will play for the national title. The loser will earn the automatic bid to the Sugar Bowl.
                    · If Texas can complete its undefeated season with a win in the Big 12 Championship, they will play for the national title. If Nebraska wins the Big 12 Championship, they will earn the automatic bid to the Fiesta Bowl, while Texas would likely earn at at-large bid to the Orange or Sugar Bowl. A Nebraska win in the Big 12 Championship would also likely result in TCU playing for the national title.
                    · The winner of the ACC Championship will earn the automatic bid to the Orange Bowl. The loser is likely out of the running.

As a fan, I want to see the following:

· Oregon over Oregon State, since the Ducks would likely give Ohio State the better game.
                    · Cincinnati over Pittsburgh, to clear the way as much as possible for Boise State.
                    · Boise State over New Mexico State, since Boise State is just as deserving of a BCS bid as TCU is.
                    · Florida over Alabama, being that I'm a bitter Auburn fan who wants to see Alabama go down.
                    · Nebraska over Texas, to give TCU a shot at the national title.
                    · Georgia Tech over Clemson, since the Yellow Jackets' style of play is refreshing for the college game.

Followed by a BCS series of:

BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Florida vs. TCU
                    ROSE BOWL: Oregon vs. Ohio State
                    ORANGE BOWL: Georgia Tech vs. Cincinnati
                    FIESTA BOWL: Nebraska vs. Boise State
                    SUGAR BOWL: Alabama vs. Texas
                    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• They would screw TCU. They're happy to be in a major bowl, and worthy of being there.
                      They absolutely will not be in the championship game. I don't believe it could happen.

Comment

• If Cincy beats Pitt, it will improve their strength of schedule enough to jump TCU.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Which game was it this weekend that 3 TD's were scored by a team in 2 minutes? Two them in about 10 seconds. I can't remember but I was reading about it last night.
                          It may not be likely, but it's possible.
                          So, if we turn it around, if USC had that in mind, wouldn't it be rational to want to go up by more than 2 TDs?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• The loser will earn the automatic bid to the Sugar Bowl.
                            Nitpick, the loser would go to the Sugar Bowl, but as an at large, who the Sugar Bowl would undoubtably pick to replace losing the #1 team to the BCS Championship Game.

Secondly, Cincy would likely vault over TCU if it beats Pitt. TCU leads Cincy by 0.0142 in the BCS Standings and is already #3 in the computers (behind Florida and Alabama).

Comment

• 1. Florida
                              2. Alabama
                              3. Texas
                              4. Cincinnati
                              5. TCU
                              6. Boise State
                              7. Oregon
                              8. Ohio State
                              9. Iowa
                              10. ... :shrug: Penn State? Georgia Tech? Virginia Tech? Pitt?

Really, only two of the top six schools have a capital-letter Win to their credit: Alabama over VT, BSU over Oregon. Two more have borderline: Florida over LSU, Cincy over Oregon State. Both Texas schools have nice wins over Oklahoma State and BYU, respectively, but nothing that stacks up against the other teams.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Well Ohio State has wins over Iowa (your #9) and Penn State (your ?#10). So I could see that as either a capital letter W or borderline. That bodes well for them, but the 2nd loss, of course, kills 'em.

Funny that... a 2 loss team has the most impressive one on one wins .

Comment

Working...
                                X