Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And probably one of the reasons he was so successful is apparently he violated NCAA rules in every job he had.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• In his defense, I don't see how you could win at a school like Notre Dame without cheating.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• What do you think about my Stoops question?
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• I don't know how I'm supposed to answer it. We don't even know what coaches will be available after the season yet.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Interesting comparison of coaches that have been mentioned, at least in passing, in connection with the ND job...

Record against teams in the top 10 of the final AP Poll:

Stoops 11-8
            Tuberville 7-18
            Saban 6-16
            Meyer 5-5
            Davis 4-9
            Ferentz 4-11
            Richt 3-8
            Tedford 2-5
            Johnson 0-1
            Kelly 0-4
            Patterson 0-4
            Fitzgerald 0-5
            And for comparison...

Carroll 11-4
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
              I don't know how I'm supposed to answer it.
              I think we can assume that Oklahoma could hire away many coaches who aren't technically available.

Why don't Oklahomans love him any more?

Comment

• Why don't they love him any more?

They're 6-5 with the chance to go 6-6 if they lose to Oklahoma State this weekend. A record like that may be run of the mill at Notre Dame, but it's the end of the world at Oklahoma.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Is it just that simple?

Even Rockne had one 5-4 season.

Comment

• I think any Stoops hate is also somewhat based on losing 3 straight BCS Bowl games as well. Though I think such 'hate' is somewhat overstated. After all, he can say that he lost Bradford this season. If it becomes a trend...
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Is it just that simple?

Well, Stoops has also had several embarrassing bowl losses, including a couple in national title games.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Several? I count two: 2005 Orange and maybe 2008 Fiesta. Are you counting the Boise State loss?

Comment

• Are you counting the Boise State loss?

Of course.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• It was the most embarrasing after all..

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                              Didn't Lou Holtz recently compare the Michigan coach to Hitler?

I've serious doubts about his mental health...
                              He isn't wrong.

Edit: Hitler kept better records though.
                              Last edited by MRT144; November 24, 2009, 18:40.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Look at this recruiting video...

Comment

Working...
                                X