Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do bad they didn't want to take RichRod.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Riots in Knoxville. Tennessee is a shameful place.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Riots in Knoxville. Tennessee is a shameful place.
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Well it isn't just Lane Kiffin. It seems to be a package deal. USC gets Kiffin, his dad, Monte Kiffin as Defensive Coordinator. Ed Orgeron as recruiting coordinator. AND it seems they are close to getting Norm Chow back as Offensive Coordinator from UCLA.

It's like they are pulling all the assistants back (well, aside from Sarkesian).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Did you know, Sarkesian now coaches at the only school that beat his 14-1 BYU team that finished #5 and won the Cotton Bowl in 1996(1995 season)?

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Isn't Kiffin a walking "lack of institutional control" violation? Why would USC hire him if it is trying to clean up its act?
              Last edited by DanS; January 13, 2010, 15:28.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Who says USC is really interested in cleaning up anything?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• No one that I'm aware of.

Isn't this just a giant middle finger to the NCAA, and every other program in the country? "You chicken**** pussies thought we were cheating before? Just try to stop us now, *****es."

Imagine the "recruiting hostesses" that Kiffin can use now.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• Recruiting hostesses recruiting players for USC.

Recruiting hostesses recruiting DanS.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• After thinking about this hire some more, I think that USC took a flyer on Kiffin. He has no track record that would qualify him for the USC job. He has a large possibility of being a very bad hire.

Comment

• They wanted the assistant coaches (Chow, Monte Kiffin, Orgeron). They figured that someone outside the Carroll coaching tree would want his own assistants and say no thanks to the possibility of Chow or Orgeron coming back to the Trojans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          They wanted the assistant coaches (Chow, Monte Kiffin, Orgeron). They figured that someone outside the Carroll coaching tree would want his own assistants and say no thanks to the possibility of Chow or Orgeron coming back to the Trojans.
                          It's like hiring a terrible, drunken contractor because his employees are the best workers.

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• I agree that this must have been their thinking, but that approach doesn't seem to work. ND tried the same thing by hiring Bob Davie. Even the likes of Urban Meyer and Greg Mattison couldn't save Davie from himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                                "Look, we know that Lane is going to be drunk on site and probably crash his truck into scaffolding, maybe even shoot a half dozen illegals with a nailgun, but have you seen how fast Monte can hang sheetrock? You know Norm can wire an entire house in a day? It's even been said that Orgeron can convince a half dozen illegals to work for foam packing peanuts. Those guys are one of a kind! If getting them means allowing Kiffin to ruin everything, by God it might be worth it."

Comment

Working...
                                X