No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 09/10 (II): We're very perverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In any case, you trade cannot possibly work -- even if it was reasonable, which it is not.
    Fine. Would love to see what you consider a reasonable offer and a workable solution. I'm not so great with contracts.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Fine. Would love to see what you consider a reasonable offer and a workable solution. I'm not so great with contracts.
      I doubt any Vancouver trade would happen for Kovalchuk. Vancouver would need to offload ~6.5 mil in cap space. That means a couple 3m+ plus players, or a 6.5 million player. It's not going to happen, not for Kovalchuk.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I am sorry. I have made a mistake.

Schneider should be off the cap.

The 35+ rule counts in the second and later years of multiyear contracts. I lost track of details. It doesn't apply to him as he signed a one year deal.

Edit, the Canucks are still cap screwed. They have to clear/trade $6.4 to get him in. Waiving Demitra would be $4 of that.
        Last edited by notyoueither; January 28, 2010, 00:00.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
          I am sorry. I have made a mistake.

Schneider should be off the cap.

The 35+ rule counts in the second and later years of multiyear contracts. I lost track of details. It doesn't apply to him as he signed a one year deal.

Edit, the Canucks are still cap screwed. They have to clear/trade $6.4 to get him in. Waiving Demitra would be $4 of that.

Cory Schneider is no where near 35+ so I can't see how the rule applies to him.

[action=Sparrowhawk][/action]
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Demitra is 2, and Bieksa 3.5. If Schneider is 1, they should have 6.5.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• WTF do you get your numbers?

Demitra is 4, Bieksa is 3.75, Schneider is 0.984.

They'd be giving up their #3 forward (in salary), #1 d-man (in salary), and #1 goalie prospect for a ~2 month rental on Kovalchuk. He's asking for $11M next year, so you won't be re-signing him...

If they waive Demitra, they're giving him away for nothing. Doubt Atlanta would want him and his salary in return.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Really?

Then they are well under.

Comment

• If they dump both Bieksa + Demitra, then yes, they would have space for Kovalev as a rental for the remainder of the season.

Comment

• Kovalev
                      When did he go to Atlanta?

Comment

• Kovalchuk, whatever

Comment

• From Darren Dreger:
                          Atlanta wants 4 or 5 assets for Kovalchuk. Young roster player(s), plus combo of draft picks and prospects.

Comment

• I think they are dreaming.

The only way they get that is if they trade with a team that is able to extend him. With the time that is left, and the cash he feels he deserves, I am thinking that is unlikely.

They may have better luck with that in the summer, but then there is a high risk they get nothing if his ego over cash pushes him to the KHL.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Yes, it is an obscene price for a rental and they will not get it.

Comment

• What is he worth, anyway? 6 to 7 mil cap hit would be about right off the top of my head.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X