This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football Discussion [Both Leagues]

The other thread's title was sort of confusing, so let's start a fresh one now that actual *games* are being played.

Week one IDP, I see a DDD-led smackdown due to the Brady Factor, being the high scorer this week, and in D/ST I think Future Champions are going to be led by an AZ smackdown of the 49ers pass defense and Slaton's many rushes in garbage time as the NYJ are pasted by the Texans to the top mark.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Marshawn Lynch is starting for The Priapic Love Wow in IDP league. He should change it.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

JediBolts (Ben Kenobi) vs. Detroit Deity Dude (Deity Dude)

Oakland playing the Chargers gives Rivers + co enough points to overcome the Brady bunch. Jedibolts!

Da Boys (Spaced Cowboy) vs Topeka Twisters (Berzerker).

Pick against Berz in week one? Not me. Manning racks up enough points that DeAngelo Williams and Barber can't get back. Witten steals enough points from Romo. Topeka Twisters!

Calamitous Intent (Guynemer) vs Vicious Rabbits. (JRabbit).

Very close matchup. Ryan vs Cutler? Forte vs Jackson? Urlacher vs the no-name defense? In the end it probably comes down to Sproles. Given that this is Oakland, how many carries is he going to get? JRabbit wins a squeaker!

Hairball Express (Tuberski) vs teh Mountain Goats. (Jaguar).

Gore + Jacobs vs Fitzgerald and Portis? I'm going to go with Gore and Jacobs. Mountain Goats FTW!

Priapic Love Wow (Duke o York) vs the Dallas Dwarf Tossers (Slowwhand)

Probably the largest blowout. Cassell vs AP + Carson Palmer? Say it ain't so. DDT!

Deviations (Koya) vs Teh Peeled Bananas. (EPB)

I figure this one will be an upset. Schaub and Wayne beat out Warner and Welker, while Eddie Royal has a bad week. TPB!

Belichick Magnets (Zopperoni) vs Forte's Fireman (Snoopy)

Not really sold on either team. Drew Brees brings enough points in to hold off Forte who has Rogers and TO. Belichick Magnets
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Sorry, I just saw this thread now.

One good thing for me is that Oakland is missing their top defender. If Brady has an off day, I have a chance.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          Marshawn Lynch is starting for The Priapic Love Wow in IDP league. He should change it.
          I regard it as my commission (so to speak) to ensure the league is competitive. Thus, I the check lineups each week and alert people of problems. Normally, this is only important during the Bye weeks (4-10) and the last couple weeks of the regular season.

Typically, I send any needed alerts out on Fridays. But since you've been so observant, Sloww, I notified DOY by email tonight. Thanks for the heads-up.

Have a great season and good luck to all.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I don't think you have any obligation to do anything of the sort as Commish. Please don't PM me about any roster issues - it's my job and mine alone to fix them... and I think that goes for the rest as well. Unless there's an extreme situation (like Ozzy's friend in baseball) where someone is simply not doing anything for his team at all, the commissioner's job is solely to set up the league; and even in that situation I think the commissioner should generally leave things alone.

The only exception I'd hold to that would be for 'new' players who don't know what they're doing - any of us can/should give them suggestions if asked. But I hardly think that applies here.

Comment

Also, what's up with Bironas? He forget how to kick or something ... or does his wife have the 0-0 square?

Comment

it's my job and mine alone to fix them... and I think that goes for the rest as well.
                I came across that last night. I wasn't sure of the protocol myself, so I thought I'd best leave it be.

Anyways, personally it's my responsibility. If I screw up and fail to start a slot, then I deserve to have my ass kicked.

Comment

Jesus, can Yahoo! screw up StatTracker any further? This should be a nice app that takes about 2 seconds to load and gives you your stats quickly and correctly. Instead it is bloated, takes forever to load or change teams, and screws up the stats badly [for example, when I checked in the 2nd quarter, it first left out CJ's reception, then fixed that but took away all of my defensive points from both Griffin and Harrison].

Why does every application have to be a poorly written, bloated flash app?

Comment

Jag is dominating with Santonio.

Comment

I wonder what the definition of a forced fumble is. Harrison hasn't received credit for either a tackle or a forced fumble for the Scaife fumble. Technically he didn't pull the ball out, but certainly I don't think the fumble occurs without his hit, does it?

Comment

Dunno. He's playing well though. He'll get his points.

Comment

Interesting seeing the differences between ESPN and Yahoo! ... ESPN has Harrison with one more tackle, but Griffin with one fewer and no half tackle [and credits Harrison with a FF, in the play by play, though they don't actually track that specific stat on the stats page].

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                            I don't think you have any obligation to do anything of the sort as Commish. Please don't PM me about any roster issues - it's my job and mine alone to fix them... and I think that goes for the rest as well. Unless there's an extreme situation (like Ozzy's friend in baseball) where someone is simply not doing anything for his team at all, the commissioner's job is solely to set up the league; and even in that situation I think the commissioner should generally leave things alone.

The only exception I'd hold to that would be for 'new' players who don't know what they're doing - any of us can/should give them suggestions if asked. But I hardly think that applies here.
                            Settle down, snoop. I just don't want abandoned teams. Neither, I believe, does anyone else. My first seasons playing FF ('04, '05), I saw teams go unmanaged for multiple weeks, and it screwed up the whole league. People were bitter. So yeah, I keep an eye on that. So sue me.

First week, I check to make sure everyone's aware. During bye weeks, likewise. Toward the end of the year, I try to ensure no one's gaining an unfair advantage by playing against an abandoned team.

This situation, however, is more in line with your second paragraph:

Keep in mind that DOY is (a) in the UK and (b) hasn't been around much. I drafted Marshawn for him over Thomas Jones, but never alerted him about Lynch's suspension. If you think I'm out of line, obviously, that's your right. But I see this as necessary and apropriate.

No one's going all nazi on you, dude. Now untwist those knickers.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You always seem to assume that I'm up in arms over something when I express an opinion... it's sort of funny

That said, It's really not your job, and it affects the competitive balance of the league in a negative way IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X