X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    Over/under on Lions wins?

I'll say three.

Per the Football Outsiders Almanac, the Lions' 2009 Mean Projection is 5.8 wins.

On the Clock (0-3): 16%
    Loserville (4-6): 45%
    Mediocrity (7-8): 24%
    Playoff Contender (9-10): 12%
    Super Bowl Contender (11+): 3%
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I'll take Over then. 5 bucks.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I know it's only the preseason, but yesterday the Lions made the Browns look real good. They almost gave up a KR TD, but it was called back due to a hold. When they got the ball back, Stafford threw an INT, which gave the Browns a very short field and a subsequent TD. There was a Browns FG, then the Lions gave up a PR TD. Another FG and it was 20-0 in 11 minutes.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Because only very few of you seem to be on Twitter:

RosenhausSports = Drew Rosenhaus
          fb_outsiders = FootballOutsiders.com

RosenhausSports "Mario Henderson has had a terrfific preseason and looks like a marquee left tackle for years to come. The Raiders have found a stud LT!"

fb_outsiders "Yes, @RosenhausSports . I'm sure Mario Henderson will be the franchise left tackle that the Raiders and franchise wideout Javon Walker need."

---

RosenhausSports "It is good to see center Justin Hartwig back from his toe injury. He is the leader of the Steelers offensive line and is irreplaceable."

fb_outsiders "Um, @RosenhausSports , Panthers averaged 4.0 yards per carry with Hartwig in 2007 and then 4.8 yards per carry w/o him in 2008."

Comment

good news for Edge owners, Duckett's been released

and the bad news is, Duckett will probably end up as a vulture on some other team

Comment

Vick or Favre ehhh. I don't know if Vick has been watching film in prison (don't think they'd let him do that). I assume he was working out, but their equipment is limited I would think.

Favre is past his prime. I can't believe any team signed him. He can't withstand a 16 week season. He will fade as he did with the Jets.

Comment

Breaking News

Broncos suspend Marshall

The Denver Broncos have suspended wide receiver Brandon Marshall for conduct detrimental to the club.
                Problem child.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni View Post
                  Because only very few of you seem to be on Twitter:

RosenhausSports = Drew Rosenhaus
                  fb_outsiders = FootballOutsiders.com

RosenhausSports "Mario Henderson has had a terrfific preseason and looks like a marquee left tackle for years to come. The Raiders have found a stud LT!"

fb_outsiders "Yes, @RosenhausSports . I'm sure Mario Henderson will be the franchise left tackle that the Raiders and franchise wideout Javon Walker need."

---

RosenhausSports "It is good to see center Justin Hartwig back from his toe injury. He is the leader of the Steelers offensive line and is irreplaceable."

fb_outsiders "Um, @RosenhausSports , Panthers averaged 4.0 yards per carry with Hartwig in 2007 and then 4.8 yards per carry w/o him in 2008."

Awesome
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Problem child.
                    Which wide receiver isn't, these days?
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Marvin Harrison. His good behavior is now rewarding him with unemployment benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                        Which wide receiver isn't, these days?
                        These days? Randy Moss.
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Gee, I wonder which poor sap drafted Marshall. Oh yeah...

5.5 Jrabbit - Brandon Marshall WR DEN
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The only reason he fell beyond the third round was the questions about his attitude, as you well know
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Seems my policy of no Donkies is paying off.

Also of note that Cassell was injured last night.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

San Diego Chargers charter jet disappears. Search teams to expand their scope.
                                Bad deal. Ben, hit that waiver wire quickly, before Berz starts in on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X