This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
    Several of us, myself included, would not play in a league with 4 hour BAPAYs. Calm down, it's only monday, technically the day the draft started... you're not nearly old enough to have a coronary yet anyhow
    You could have gone all day without saying that. WTF is wrong with you? Have some consideration!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Settle down, kids. Do something productive.

Make your lists. Be ready when it's your turn, whether that means being on line or having a short list with someone who is.

Yeah, I'm disappointed that we're off to a slow start. But it's 14 people; there are bound to be hiccups.

I'm not prepared to BAPAY people this early; it leaves a bad taste for the whole season. And I'm much more concerned that everyone keep playing competitively the full season than making sure the draft goes as fast as possible.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Would it be worth switching from sending PMs to sending emails through Yahoo's interface for people who are holding things up?

Just a thought, don't know if that would get more attention or not (my address on there is my spam account, so...)
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I'm just warming up. I don't want to strain something later.

If someone sends me a pm here, I get email notice. Add to that the fact that I have a screen opened here always, I don't think I'm going to be caught too unaware. There are a few things people can do. I say this is in advance, because we're supposed to be settling down for now.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Same here. I have Poly open on my laptop with thread and email notification. Anyone posts to the thread it pings my email. If I'm away for the day as I was on Sunday, I left a pick with Slowwy. I don't want to hold up the train at all when it's my pick so we can all have more fun picking.

I guess what's frustrating is that the people who are ready have to wait behind folks who aren't ready when we haven't made any picks at all.
            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; August 11, 2009, 00:26.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

There are some that take pride in holding things up, I think. I think, that they think, that it's an art form.
              Tuber already said he was going to do it to get to me. He's a rat bastard, so I've come to expect no better treatment from him.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                DD sent a pm to himself. Alrighty then. That's how we keep this thing running smoothly.
                LOL I cut and pasted the thread before me. Beside why even send a PM? if u can check your pm to see if it is time to draft cant you just check the thread.

Comment

Beside why even send a PM? if u can check your pm to see if it is time to draft cant you just check the thread.
                  Not everyone has thread notification, and people are more likely to see a pm. No wonder Spaced hasn't shown up.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

DD, if you don't want to pm, don't. Far be it from me to put a strain on anyone.

Comment

1. I sent spaced a PM once I saw DD's post early this afternoon.
                      2. I sent him another PM, and an email, within the past half-hour.

Beside why even send a PM?
                      3. DEITY DUDE, GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

>> Always send a pm to the next player in line. ALWAYS.
                      >> And post the fact that you've done so.

That goes for everyone. This has always been our procedure. It's a small thing, takes just a minute, and it really helps keep things moving.

Some of us are always online. Some are not. Some are work-blocked. Some live in Europe. Doing the draft is a cooperative effort.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Before this goes on too much longer, there are a few who know, going into the draft, that they're going to be doing more than just studying over their own draft picks.
                        It's not a simple task, though not over-whelming, to Commission. To be routinely sent pm's with draft picks. All I want to say to anyone is to just think.

Comment

Sorry. My only point was if I have to go to the trouble to go to apoly to check to see if I got a pm telling me to check the draft thread - why not save a step and just check the draft thread. But its no big deal I will pm people. I am sorry.

Comment

Why not set up so that a pm notifies you by email? Why not set up so that if you get a pm, and you're here, a pop up window notifies you?

Spaced is up in both leagues. Criminey.

Comment

I have to drive downtown for a meeting and will be out until about 2pm CDT.

All right, my patience is running thin. I'm amending the rule to read: 24-hour BAPAY time for the first three round. (BTW, we base BAPAYs on "Actual" not "Projected" stats. Which means no rookies will ever be BAPAYed.)

Spaced Cowboy went on the clock at 12:55 yesterday. When it hits 24 hours, somebody should assign him DeAngelo Williams and put snoopy369 on the clock.

Thanks.
                              -The Commish

Comment

Draft rules post has been updated to reflect the above.

Comment

Working...
                                X