This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, goody. A "Piss someone off moment"

I'd rather have a middle of the round pick. Oh, well.

1.1 SlowwHand - Adrian Peterson - RB - MIN
    1.2 EPW -
    1.3 duke o' york -
    1.4 Guynemer -
    1.5 -Jrabbit -
    1.6 Deity Dude -
    1.7 spaced cowboy -
    1.8 snoopy369 -
    1.9 Zopperoni -
    1.10 Berzerker -
    1.11 Koyaanisqatsi -
    1.12 Ben Kenobi -
    1.13 Jaguar -
    1.14 Tuberski -

2.14 Tuberski
    2.13 Jaguar
    2.12 Ben Kenobi
    2.11 Koyaanisqatsi
    2.10 Berzerker
    2.9 Zopperoni
    2.8 snoopy369
    2.7 spaced cowboy
    2.6 Deity Dude
    2.5 -Jrabbit
    2.4 Guynemer
    2.3 duke o' york
    2.2 EPW
    2.1 SlowwHand

PM to EPW.
    Last edited by SlowwHand; August 8, 2009, 17:39.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yay! Finally.

Who should I draft?? Does Steve Young still play?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

1.1 SlowwHand - Adrian Peterson - RB - MIN
        1.2 EPW - Maurice Jones-Drew-RB-JAX
        1.3 duke o' york -
        1.4 Guynemer -
        1.5 -Jrabbit -
        1.6 Deity Dude -
        1.7 spaced cowboy -
        1.8 snoopy369 -
        1.9 Zopperoni -
        1.10 Berzerker -
        1.11 Koyaanisqatsi -
        1.12 Ben Kenobi -
        1.13 Jaguar -
        1.14 Tuberski -
        "

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Damn

From 5th to 12th.

That sucks.

And how is it that Tuber got 14th both ways.

Are you sure you guys have it right now?
          The list I posted is correct. Don't be bummed. At the end of the day, draft position is pretty meaningless.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah but it wreaks havoc on your first few.

I had it all set up and now I have to figure it out again.

Lets hope the Duke of York is here.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

damnit, I ended up picking 10th? Now look at my list of numbers, there's a reason 10 was my last number - I hate it. The numbers I listed were in order of likes and dislikes and I got 10 (I was #9 in hi-school ). That does not bode well for my season. Stupid superstition will get me

Hey Ben if you haven't joined the league yet, do so asap. When you do, go to the league home page and start clicking links, they have research help for us. And the "players" link is especially important, it has all the players and they can be filtered for positions and even stat categories, including the stats relevant to our specific league settings. And we do have return yds so there will be a handful of DB/S defenders who return kicks to add to their value. For example, up until last year Terrence McGee DB Buff led the league in points for defenders once or twice because he got tackles and return yds. Last year another Buff DB McKelvin cut into his returns so his value took a hit.

Thats too bad Snoop, no Forte for you!

oh yeah, with these settings RBs are more valuable than WRs but since so many teams now have RB platoons/committees fewer RBs will be shouldering the load. Some WRs run back kicks too, but they're usually 2-3 tier WRs. I'd spend a 1st pick on one of those workhorse RBs so do some research and find out which RBs are best. MJ Drew will be a stat monster in ppr leagues now that Fred Taylor is gone (point per reception), Forte will be another in that category, Westbrook if he stays healthy, etc....
              Last edited by Berzerker; August 8, 2009, 18:55.

Comment

Picks left with the wascalwy wabbit.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Now by gawd, that's how it's done. Do you all see Guy? First damned pick, and he steps up there with no fear. Good man, Guy.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Hey Ben if you haven't joined the league yet, do so asap. When you do, go to the league home page and start clicking links, they have research help for us. And the "players" link is especially important, it has all the players and they can be filtered for positions and even stat categories, including the stats relevant to our specific league settings. And we do have return yds so there will be a handful of DB/S defenders who return kicks to add to their value. For example, up until last year Terrence McGee DB Buff led the league in points for defenders once or twice because he got tackles and return yds. Last year another Buff DB McKelvin cut into his returns so his value took a hit.
                    Thanks Berz!

I'm in the league. Haven't got that far down the chart, but I think I've got my picks set. Hopefully none of you bastards raid them.

Comment

Sandwiched between two old trusted mates... This should be good

Comment

Does any one think it would be a good idea to have all the chat/commentary in a separate thread and just the draft picks in another thread. It would sure make it easier to see where we are at.

Comment

Yes, it would be better. Zop gets a little gabby. You know how he is.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            LOL @ Koy -- you did the list backwards. The idea was to plug the list I sent into the random number order (9=A, 3=B etc) rather than (9=the 9th player on the list).
                            Not sure why it makes a big difference, but sure.
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Agreed, as long as you end up with a randomized list, it doesn't make any difference.
                              Except...
                              Well, if you look carefully at your list, you'll see that, in your excitement, you got several positions flipped -- 2/3, 10/14, etc.
                              So I fixed it. :shrug:

I'll start a draft chatter thread. Let's reserve this one for the actual draft as much as possible.

Now where's DOY?
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

OK, I'm here. I guess I'm needed in the other thread.
                                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X