Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can We At Least Talk About Who Will Run Leagues For NFL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 teams now in...

Sloww - Dallas Dwarf Tossers
    Jaguar - Mountain Goats
    -Jrabbit - Vicious Rabbits
    EPW - Teh Peeled Bananas
    Zopperoni - Dodgy Challengers
    OzzyKP - Youth Rights Knights
    duke o' york - The Priapic Love Wow
    Koyaanisqatsi - Deviations
    Berzerker - Topeka Twisters

The long-lost snoopy369 reports he'll play, though I don't know if that's one league or two. Here's a list of players from last year who are not yet signed up...

Guynemer (Calamitous Intent)
    Deity Dude (Detroit Deity Duo)
    Hairball Express (Tuberski) - played both leagues
    Kidicious (Okie Tokies)
    Stuie (Sparta FC)
    Spaced Cowboy (Spazz Monkeys)
    snoopy369 (Harris' Banks) - played both leagues

And from Jag's DEF/ST league...
    The Emperor Fabuous (Next Big Thing)
    flash9286 (Flashtastics)
    Jonny (Future Champions)
    Imran Siddiqui (Siddiqui Sillymen)
    Cold Wizard (Wandering Monsters)
    jgramsey (Javalinas)

Looks like there are enough players to fill two leagues.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm in now.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
        You're mistaken. Slowwy cares very deeply about the speed of the draft, and there's nothing you can do to stop him.

He's awesome that way.
        True, which was part of the fun of the 24 hour limit, TBH.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

No reason the 2nd league can't do 24-hr BAPAYs. Boss comparison!
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
            True, which was part of the fun of the 24 hour limit, TBH.

ACK!
            You're so bad.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Is there going to be a non-IDP league?
              Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Seems like there is adequate interest. Several posters prefer the traditional D/ST style. Someone needs to organize it. Didn't you say you'd be commish, flash?

Ironically, I came back to Poly FF a couple years ago specifically because all the FFZ leagues are IDP and I wanted to (a) play here too and (b) play in a D/ST league. Through an odd confluence of events, I ended up in the IDP league.

Life is funny.

Comment

I'm not sold on a 4 or 6 hour time limit.

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  Long ass lists? Try it before you criticize it. You're wrong.
                  For Cold Wizard, how about Washington defense? I threw out his picks. Crap.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Don't take that attitude with me, bucksnort.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I'll play a team defense league and an auction league if Snoopy wants to run the draft

I'm sold on auction leagues, got Pujols, Manly Hanley, Utley and Chipper for my infield

oh yeah, time limit dont matter to me, 4 hours, 6, 8, 24...

Comment

I sent PMs to all those who played last year.

IDP -- 9 slots filled, first come first served for the other 3.
                        I'm proposing Monday, August 10 as the start date for the draft.

D/ST -- still needs a commish and a setup at Yahoo

Comment

If I play this year (not decided yet, still in baseball mindset and the NFL keeps losing interest with me), I'll do the D/ST league.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Don't take that attitude with me, bucksnort.
                            What is a bucksnort? Is that some sort of Texan term?
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Here, I'll Google it for you.

n. 1. A particularly loud fart
                              n. 1. A particularly loud fart (definition used by Gagnon's in central New York)

Comment

Yeah, i'll play. I'll play both leagues, and run an auction league, if there's interest (someone else needs to drum up said interest though).

Any chance the d/st league will have a live draft?
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X