No announcement yet.

Rafa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it. Still waiting for the highlights up here.

Now the road is open for Federer.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I like Nadal, but his dominance @ the French was so ridiculous at this point that it's good he got beaten.

Federer is the one I've never really liked much, though if he wins good for him. You know, of course, that him winning the French after someone else took out Rafa will not be viewed the same way as him taking Rafa out in the Final (ala what Rafa did at Wimbeldon).

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian View Post
        You know, of course, that him winning the French after someone else took out Rafa will not be viewed the same way as him taking Rafa out in the Final (ala what Rafa did at Wimbeldon).
        But it will mean that Federer still has one thing over Nadal, which is the fact that Federer has been to just about every Grand Slam semi-final since the fall of the Roman Empire. That kind of consistent high level play is very impressive.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

But it will mean that Federer still has one thing over Nadal, which is the fact that Federer has been to just about every Grand Slam semi-final since the fall of the Roman Empire.
          If he makes the finals he'll have the second longest streak of consecutive finals, behind only himself.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Söderling marches on. He demolished Davydenko yesterday. And Gonzalez bumped off Murray which was kind of expected. The women are interesting this time around. Serena and Sharapova out and Safina in wobbly form.

Comment

Kitschum, do you like Soderling over Gonzalez? I think Fena should win.

Comment

I would honestly never have believed it. I thought Söderling wouldn't get past Davydenko, let alone win against Gonzalez over five sets.

The final was a brief affair as reality caught up with Söderling. He looked tired and his serves were very poor. Considering he could also hardly threaten Fed in his serve games he had no chance. First set just flew by which I'd put down to nervousness. I hope that Robin will be able develop his game further and that he is not satisfied with this his first Grand Slam final, but he really needs to be mentally stronger and more consistent.

The crowd has been extremely biased (for Fed) in the entire tournament which annoyed me slightly. But congratulations Roger, you lovable Swiss cuckoo.

Comment

The man lost 3 times as the runner-up. Understandable that they'd cheer for him over Robin.

Roger was serving over 80 percent 1st serves. It was the best he's served in years.

Career slam!.

Comment

I figure we don't need a new thread...

5-7, 7-6, 7-6, 3-6, 16-14.

So Federer gets his 15th Slam and the "best ever" tag from many. He is phenomenal. He does everything so well, including staying healthy. I could do without the fancy "RF" monogrammed clothing and all that, but if that's what I've got against him I don't have much.

Meanwhile, Roddick plays the best match of his career and loses anyway. OUCH. He'll remember that 2nd set tiebreaker for the rest of his life. I'm glad the crowd gave him his due.

It wasn't as great as the '08 final, but it was pretty awesome in its own right. Pretty surprising, considering how Fed has dominated Roddick.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Even as a Federer fan I felt sorry for Roddick. AR bottled it in the second set tie-break and ran out of strength at the end. That was the only difference. RF was playing somewhat below his best, and his strategy of slicing his backhand deep all the time seemed to deny him his rhythm and let to a lot of errors. This was frustrating as we couldn't see his magic in full flow, but he ground out the result in the end.

Murray can maybe take some consolation that he lost his semi to a man who could take the best right to the wire. As for the absent Rafa - has his strategy of pushing his body to the physical limit backfired on his career? We'll see.

Comment

Gutted for Roddick.

He played extremely well.

Glad Federer won though, it was an exhibition of serve worthy of Sampras / Ivanisevic.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                          As for the absent Rafa - has his strategy of pushing his body to the physical limit backfired on his career? We'll see.
                          I expect Nadal's form will deteriorate quite fast once he loses the phyiscal edge, unlike Federer.
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I do feel sad for Roddick, since he only lost his serve once in the whole patch and he had more games won that Federer. But that is the nature of tennis, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                            X