Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe that Italy couldn't beat that Paraguay side. I missed some of the first half, but in the second Paraguay could hardly string two passes together before giving it away. Yet somehow they managed to keep Italy down to one goal. Slovakia should be taking heart from that.

Comment

• From what I read, it appears that Italy really does look like the old team that everyone said they were... but, still, it's only one match.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yes!

Take that you (Brazilian) imperialist bastards! This was a defeat of the people, for the people, and brought about by the hard work of the people under the glorious leadership of the world's greatest ever golfer.

Comment

• I love the story that the North Korean travelling bunch of fans was simply an outsource job to 1,000 Chinese actors.

Comment

• Having watched all the matches so far, I'd give Spain the nod as the most irritating to watch i.e. lots of dives and deliberate fouls.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Spain is also one of the most entertaining, attacking squads. They are playing the annoying Swiss who like to defend, defend, defend though... and the Swiss are up 1-0!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• spain have a long and proud history of bottling it at major tournaments though (euro 2008 notwithstanding), despite possessing a team of excellent players.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• America is better than Spain, as the Confederations Cup showed us. Since America and England are equally good at soccer, that means England is also better than Spain.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Suisse!!!
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Spain played brilliant attacking football in the 2nd half after the Swiss had scored and Torres and Navas came on. Prior to that, it was the same old jaded, "professional" football, ****.
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• As for the Swiss, yes they're dull. They reminded me of the Norwegian team from a few world cups ago. Defend, defend, defend -> counterattack. Dull, but sometimes effective, as it was today.

Comment

• lol spain
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                            As for the Swiss, yes they're dull. They reminded me of the Norwegian team from a few world cups ago. Defend, defend, defend -> counterattack. Dull, but sometimes effective, as it was today.
                            Can't blame them for parking the bus against the European Champions can we?

Comment

• All they need is a draw against Honduras and Chile, and then they will likely be in.

2-1-0 (6) Spain beats Chile and Honduras
                              1-0-2 (5) Chile ties Switzerland, Loses to Spain
                              1-0-2 (5) Switzerland Ties Honduras and Chile
                              0-2-1 (1) Honduras Ties Switzerland, Loses to Spain.

They would have to draw lots, assuming goals remain equal between Chile and Switzerland.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• So Far I am happy, Argentina won, Argentine Austria defeated South Africa and tied with France, Spain lost, and the english tied with the yanks in a humilliating way.

Paraguay is a great football nation for their size, I think they have qualified to the last 4 world cups, most of their players play in Argentine teams, and a few are argentines with paraguayan ancestry who chose to play for Paraguay.
                                I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                                X