No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 08/09 (III): The Home Stretch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver sucks again, except for Luongo.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• The Flames' bad scoring bounces continue. Unbelievable.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• You attribute it to bad scoring bounces? Seriously?

Flames haven't been given a chance to succeed. Running 3 forward lines is crap. You should be firing Sutter.

No wonder your offense played like crap.

Today's game is now a must win. Unless Calgary gets all their players back, I really don't see them winning.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• That does it!

Canucks take the division! Calgary-Edmonton is meaningless.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• What a stunningly entertaining display of a game Vancouver-Colorado was. For a while I was trying to remember which one was the worst team in the west.

Comment

• What an epic collapse down the stretch. Here I thought Vancouver was the only team capable of that. Conrats, Calgary!
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• It was bad enough before they dressed only 3 lines.

Speaking of collapse down the stretch, I hold a commanding lead in our regular fantasy league.

Comment

• What a stunningly entertaining display of a game Vancouver-Colorado was. For a while I was trying to remember which one was the worst team in the west.
                  Plenty of shots. Can't see why you found it boring, both goalies stood on their head.

Comment

• St. Louis wins today, and I get to see the Wings in the first round down here in Columbus.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• When does the pick'em start? Tonight?

I'm going to predict Chicago in 4.

In fact, there's already a Wiki on it:

The Flames recovered from their woeful start to finish second in the Pacific Division, and as the sixth seed in the Western Conference. The Flames were swept, however, by the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round of the playoffs, as the team once again failed to win a playoff series since they won the Stanley Cup in 1989.

Comment

• Have to wait for the west to settle. St. Louis could finish either in 6th or 8th, Columbus in 6th or 7th, or Anaheim in 7th or 8th.

Calgary/Chicago
                        Vancouver/St. Louis or Vancouver/Columbus
                        Detroit/Columbus or Detroit/Anaheim
                        San Jose/Anaheim or San Jose/St. Louis

Montreal/Boston
                        Philly/Carolina
                        Pittsburgh/New Jersey
                        Washington/Rangers

Predictions:

Chicago in 4 over Calgary.

Boston in 5 over Montreal

Philly in 6 over Carolina.

Pittsburgh in 6 over New Jersey.

Washington in 7 over the Rangers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          When does the pick'em start? Tonight?

I'm going to predict Chicago in 4.

In fact, there's already a Wiki on it:

The Flames recovered from their woeful start to finish second in the Pacific Division, and as the sixth seed in the Western Conference. The Flames were swept, however, by the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round of the playoffs, as the team once again failed to win a playoff series since they won the Stanley Cup in 1989.
                          I'll post it when the seedings are clear.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• So, final:

I win regular 7-2, Kontiki wins auction 6-1.

Not bad for the fifth seed of six teams.

Comment

• One each. Well played, Asher. Congrats on your win.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Ditto.

It's good to split. It's be unCanadian to hog the victories.

Comment

Working...
                                X