This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL - Are You Ready For Some Football?! - The Offseason

Now that the Steelers are the 2008/09 NFL Champions, the offseason has begun.

Old thread got to 500:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Has no-one mentioned this yet?

Arizona fans tuning in for climax of American football season get 30-second view of Club Jenna cable channel

Got pr0n in the title, but is entirely work safe, unless you happen to work for an Arizonan TV station.

Comment

The guy wasn't crying out, "Heidi! Ohhhh, Heidi!", was he?
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Are we sure it wasn't just the GoDaddy commercial?

[/obvious]
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Yay, Steelers won.

Chargers second best team.

AFC >>> NFC.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben, I'm sure you think you're being funny or 'agitating' or something, but there's a point where it's just embarrassing. You're past that point.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Why should today be any different?
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm entitled to my opinion.

You don't agree with it, fine.

But the point stands.

The only team to stop the Chargers on their run were the Superbowl champions.

If you believe the Cardinals were the second-best team this year, then I'd love to hear your opinion.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post

Ben, I'm sure you think you're being funny or 'agitating' or something, but there's a point where it's just embarrassing. You're past that point.
                  Speaking of, this was another funny Video

Guess who is everyone else and who is Charging to the lead on an otherwise dead horsie
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Only in the US Gramps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Yay, Steelers won.

Chargers second best team.

AFC >>> NFC.
                      Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post

And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
                        Im taking it your a 49er fan Supr49er?

if so, then we have a great football legacy and speaking of, saw your man Roger Craig yesterday on the pregame...

Memories...
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          I'm entitled to my opinion.

You don't agree with it, fine.

But the point stands.

The only team to stop the Chargers on their run were the Superbowl champions.

If you believe the Cardinals were the second-best team this year, then I'd love to hear your opinion.
                          The Cardinals lost the superbowl in a close contest to the Steelers.

Therefore they are, by definition, the runner-up, and the second best team (if winning the superbowl makes you the best team, which you're clearly assuming). The fact that they get the #31 pick in the draft should mean something to you...

You're entitled to your opinion. We are entitled to mock you ceaselessly for it. If you like being mocked, then by all means keep going
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The ads SUCKED, by and large. The Doritos ads sucked, the beer ads sucked, talking baby ads suck by definition; a nearly uninterrupted string of suck, from start to finish. The only high points, ad wise, were the Hulu brain-melting ad (funny as ****), and the careerbuilder.com ad (funny as hell).

However, I must take issue with you, Duke o' York:

a traditionally awful half-time show

The ****? Are you serious? The Boss tore that **** up. In fact, that makes three straight halftime shows that were, at least, three out of four stars. The Super Bowl Halftime Show is no longer a guaranteed craptacle; the recent trend, starting with Prince two years ago, is for actual musical talent to actually play live and put on a good show. (Three years ago, actual musical talent--Paul McCartney--sucked hard. Before that, it was **** like Aerosmith with Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake with Janet Jackson. **** that.)

The game rocked the ****. When was the last time we had two highly entertaining, down-to-the-wire Super Bowls in a row?
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Interesting factoid that Peter King brought up, Kurt Warner has played in 3 Super Bowls and has the most passing yards in SB history.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X