This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    6-man rotations will not become the norm. There's not nearly enough depth of talent, and benches are already perilously thin due to the extra relievers most teams carry. So unless rosters expand, I don't see that happening.
    QFT. 6 man rotations will be only work for teams who have a paucity of talent (ie, don't want to expose one pitcher to all those starts). Most teams will continue with the 5 man rotation for the foreseeable future.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• And cracking down on the roids will shorten pitchers careers in the near future which will offset any effects from medical advances for the next decade at least.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        Please... what exactly was so special about Johnson, Clemens, Maddux, etc?
        What's special about those guys is their exceptional durability. That's the single biggest factor.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
          And cracking down on the roids will shorten pitchers careers in the near future which will offset any effects from medical advances for the next decade at least.
          So that, to me says it's a break-even proposition overall. Which means, yes, there will be more 300-win pitchers in the future.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
            And cracking down on the roids will shorten pitchers careers in the near future which will offset any effects from medical advances for the next decade at least.
            Doubtful. Unless you are of the opinion that every single one of these pitchers who have pitched into their 40s were on steroids.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              What's special about those guys is their exceptional durability. That's the single biggest factor.
              Exactly. Nothing that can't be replicated in the future, as there have always been some standout pitchers with exception durability.

Comment

• Warren Spahn... clearly on drugs.

Comment

• Hey, that leg kick is high, so he must be too!

Comment

• Mussina probably could've hung on and eeked out 300. He chose not to try (which I thought was pretty cool).

There are guys who have a shot at it. Their chances aren't great, but lots of strange things happen in baseball.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Halliday has a nice shot over the course season, but AS OF TODAY, you'd have to be a complete fool to say that Greinke isn't the Cy Young of the season as of June 3rd.
                      I'd lay my money down on Halliday holding serve for the rest of the season. He's usually pitched for a .500 team, and this year's edition of the Jays is that much better.

My only concern is whether they are good enough for the playoffs in the greatest division in baseball.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Kinsler is sure looking good. I think he's 2nd in AL All Star balloting, EPW!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Grienke got hammered, while Halliday throws a complete game shutout to go 10-1.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• If Halliday wins another 9 in a row, he will be the second most winningest pitcher of all time.

Comment

• Halliday is great. He's probably the best pitcher in the AL year in year out. Winning the CY, though, requires not only that he be great, but also that no one else on a better team also be great (or really good, but not as good as Roy). Possible? Sure. Greinke's on a bad team (though he has "narrative" going for him). CC hasn't been great yet. Boston's top guys have struggled (but are rounding into form). Verlander is out there, quite possibly pitching for a division winner.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                Doubtful. Unless you are of the opinion that every single one of these pitchers who have pitched into their 40s were on steroids.
                                Recently I'd have to say most of they have. Or HGH to help them recover from injuries.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X