X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gosh that was fun!

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Beltran now to the DL *cries*

So the only starting position players still healthy on the Mets are David Wright, Daniel Murphy (now at 1B), Luis Castillo, and Ryan Church (who just came back from the DL).

Holy crap.

And how is this team only 1.5 back of the Phils in the NL East?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Phils keep finding ways to lose.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• And I'm thankful for that, in addition to the Mets grinding out some very gutsy wins! Especially because in addition to position players being out (for a loooong time in the case of some), John Maine and Oliver Perez (ok, maybe Perez isn't that bad of a loss) have been out and the bullpen has been running on fumes due to the replacement pitchers not having the gas to go that far in games.

The Mets have their own hospital ward booked it seems like.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Nothing like a road trip to get the Phillies going again.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Soto wasn't overweight; he just had a pot belly

June 26, 2009
                NEWS-SUN PRESS SERVICES

When catcher Geovany Soto returned to the Cubs' training camp in March after spending several weeks with Team Puerto Rico in the World Baseball Classic, Chicago manager Lou Piniella said he thought the 2008 Rookie of the Year looked like he'd gained weight.

If only that was the only thing the Cub manager had to worry about.

On Thursday, Soto said he has been informed by the International Baseball Federation that he tested positive for marijuana at the World Baseball Classic.

Neither the Cubs nor Major League Baseball will penalize Soto.
                MLB does not regularly test for marijuana since it's not considered a performance-enhancing drug.

Clearly, Soto's performance this season could use some enhancing.

He's hitting an embarrassing .227, and his power numbers are way down, as well.

In Thursday's dismal 6-5 loss to Detroit, Sosa didn't play the field, but pinch-hit in the ninth inning with the tying run in scoring position and whiffed to end the game.

Chicago's now lost four straight and is under .500 for a season that is rapidly slipping away.
                At least MLB doesn't think it's a performance enhancing drug
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• No wonder Soto sucks this year. He's stoned all the time!

Comment

• At least he's doing a drug that MLB doesn't test for.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• True that... but it'd be shame if he was suspended for sucking .

"Hey, Geovanny, that drug that is making you hit .227/.326/.370 (yikes, I didn't realize it was THAT bad), yeah, we're going to suspend you for taking it"

Comment

• The sad part is, this is after a recent surge.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Everybody knows that marijuana is a performance enhancing drug that can cause you to come last in a race of eight million... who are all dead.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• The Yankees and Mets looked stoned this past series. That was some ugly baseball.

I'm glad the Yanks swept and all, but I can't exactly get excited about it. The Mets are a disaster right now.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              Everybody knows that marijuana is a performance enhancing drug that can cause you to come last in a race of eight million... who are all dead, and laugh about it.
                              Fixed
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Btw, Albert Pujols has (as of before tonight's game) a stat line of .328/.450/.721 for an OPS+ of 207 with 28 HRs already.

Apparently he was thinking that he'd really just like back-to-back MVPs.

Comment

Working...
                                X