Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Ramirez suspended for 50 games for using a PED. He insists it was just medication.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Manny Ramirez will be suspended 50 games for positive drug test
      Kirby Lee / US Presswire

Dodgers left fielder Manny Ramirez prepares to head back into the field during a game against the San Diego Padres on Friday. Ramiez will be suspended 50 games for a positive drug test, The Times has learned.
      The suspension, which is expected to begin with tonight's game, makes him the biggest star penalized under baseball's testing program that started in 2003.

And I was going to take him in my fantasy leagues... Thank god people picked him first.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post

And I was going to take him in my fantasy leagues... Thank god people picked him first.
        People = Snoopy. Oops.

Just like two days ago actually I was thinking I should have taken Manny instead of Tex.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• It appears Manny tested positive for a fertility drug?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• We can't have our ball players breeding, now can we?
            "

Comment

• I want to know who determined that female fertility drugs enhanced athletic performance?
              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Was just doing some numbers.

Roy Halliday's win percentage, .671 is a point about Ruth's, and is in the top ten of all time in baseball.

The only notables above him are Lefty Grove at .680, Whitey Ford, at .690, and Pedro Martinez.

While he doesn't have hall of fame credentials yet, I didn't realise he was so high up there already.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
                  I want to know who determined that female fertility drugs enhanced athletic performance?
                  From what I read it is to counter some of the effects of steroids on the male sex organs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Was just doing some numbers.

Roy Halliday's win percentage, .671 is a point about Ruth's, and is in the top ten of all time in baseball.

The only notables above him are Lefty Grove at .680, Whitey Ford, at .690, and Pedro Martinez.

While he doesn't have hall of fame credentials yet, I didn't realise he was so high up there already.
                    It's mostly because he plays in Toronto (and in an era when New York and Boston are dominant). Roy Halliday is an amazing pitcher.

The more impressive number is his career 131 ERA+! That is 33rd all time and tied with Sandy Koufax.

Comment

• It's mostly because he plays in Toronto (and in an era when New York and Boston are dominant). Roy Halliday is an amazing pitcher.
                      Halliday wins ratio is 137 over his team. His team average a win percentage of .488 without Halliday in the lineup.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
                        I want to know who determined that female fertility drugs enhanced athletic performance?
                        Look to the former East Germany for answers.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• So I was at a Nats game last night and on the scoreboard they listed off scores for other games around the league. Some of them were marked with different codes/abbreviations I couldn't really identify. There was D, R, IR.

I assume D is delay, R is rain, but what is IR?
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• infrared
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Three straight walk-offs for the Yanks have put me in a pretty good mood. They're still trailing, but they're back to respectability. Now if they can get Wang and Posada back... and Bruney and Molina (though I dunno if I'd mind if Frankie Cervelli went ahead and Pipped Molina), they should be in good shape.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Yeah... the Yankees recent streak of walk off wins is amazing. Personally, I hate the Yankees, but even I'm enjoying their streak.
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X