This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep. Love the outdoor game.

What're the odds that a spectacular goalie like Ty Conklin is in all 3.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Jay McKee blocked a Mike Cammalleri slapshot in mid-december, and it looks like he may have to have his finger amputated.

McKee's finger in jeopardy

Jay McKee, whose body has been through unimaginable situations as one of the finest and most active shot-blockers in the NHL, could lose a body part because of his craft.

The Belleville News-Democrat reports that the former Sabres defenseman is in a holding pattern while he waits to find out whether doctors will have to remove his left ring finger. He blocked a shot with it, and the skin and tip were torn off.

"All that was really protecting it was a millimeter of leather," McKee, who is expected to miss four to six weeks, told the paper. "The puck actually split my glove where it hit me in the finger. It certainly didn't look much like a finger when I took my glove off."

He is hoping blood begins flowing back to the finger, or else amputation may be needed.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• The Winter Classic was great -- despite the outcome. Between that and "actually winning some games," there's a distinct hockey buzz in Chicago these days.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• True... and seeing a hockey rink in the middle of Wrigley was just awesome .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
            Jay McKee blocked a Mike Cammalleri slapshot in mid-december, and it looks like he may have to have his finger amputated.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...-finger-i.html
            We need to get slapshots out of the game.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
              We need to get slapshots out of the game.

I have to assume that was sarcasm...
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Your detector is in fine working order.

It's a comment on the blathering hordes who are using the death of the young man in Toronto as a launch pad to renew the get fighing out of hockey argument.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Ah. Hadn't heard about that.

Comment

• He hit his head hard on the ice during a fight (helmet was off) mid-december. Died the other day.

Was a AAA-league player.

Comment

• Police investigate hockey player's death

BRANTFORD– Police are investigating the death of Don Sanderson, a hockey player with the Whitby Dunlops who died three weeks after hitting his head on the ice during a fight.

Sanderson, 21, was injured when his head struck the ice during a fight with Corey Fulton of the hometown Brantford Blast in a Dec. 12 game at the Brantford Civic Centre. He remained in a coma for weeks and died early Friday morning in a Hamilton hospital.

Video footage and eyewitness accounts of the incident suggest Sanderson's helmet fell off as both tumbled to the ice during the skirmish.

"The Brantford Police Service is assisting the coroner's office by conducting an investigation into (Sanderson's) tragic death," said Staff Sgt. Steve Sumsion.

An investigator with the forces' supports services section will look into the circumstances leading to the player's injuries and his subsequent death, he added.

"A police investigation such as this, at the direction of the coroner, is standard practice and procedure," Sumsion said.

The death of Sanderson, a York University student and native of Port Perry, Ont., has prompted league officials to probe rules governing the use of helmets.

While the rule book stipulates players must wear a proper helmet that's securely fastened, those involved in the sport concede there's variation in how the equipment can be worn.

Steve Cardwell, president of the Whitby Dunlops, has said he hopes the fatal incident sparks debate on the issue. He said everyone is making a mistake if no one learns from Sanderson's tragic death.

A funeral for Sanderson has been scheduled for Jan. 5 at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Port Perry.

Players will also honour the player during a special ceremony at an upcoming Whitby Dunlops game on Jan. 17 at Iroquois Park Arena.

Comment

• TV ratings were up 12% for the Winter Classic; it was the highest rated NHL game of the past 13 years.

If they do manage to get 2009 at Fenway or New Yankee Stadium for a Bruins-Rangers match, it could go up another 50%, easy.

Comment

• How about the World Jrs?

Holy ****. I was on a flight from Calgary to Toronto during the entire Semi-Final tonight between Russia and Canada. About 90% of the seatback TVs were tuned to the game. The whole plane cheered SO loudly when Canada scored with 5 seconds left to tie it up, then again when they won in the shootout. Even the flight attendants huddled around one to watch.

Comment

• That was a very good game. The Russians played very well.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• Week 13

Code:
                              Rank   Team                W-L-T    Pct Pts Last Week Wv Mvs
                              1.  Derelique My Balls    60-37-7  .611 127   5-3-0   11   9 
                              2.  Ice Hawks             52-29-23 .611 127   4-1-3    6   1 
                              3.  Road Kill             56-34-14 .606 126   4-4-0    9  17 
                              4.  Flubber's Folly       54-36-14 .587 122   7-1-0    4  34 
                              5.  Blaine's Bruisers     54-40-10 .567 118   4-4-0   10   2 
                              6.  Haunted House Boos    45-37-22 .538 112   5-3-0    3   8 
                              7.  The Pantless Pirates  47-40-17 .534 111   2-5-1   12  20 
                              8.  Matthew Modines       47-42-15 .524 109   3-5-0   13   9 
                              9.  Malicious Pacifists   43-46-15 .486 101   1-4-3    5  12 
                              10. Calamitous Intent     38-53-13 .428  89   3-4-1    1   7 
                              11. Kanadiens             34-51-19 .418  87   5-2-1    2   - 
                              12. Televised Hawks       34-52-18 .413  86   3-5-0    8   4 
                              13. CrONoS_QC             30-63-11 .341  71   4-3-1   14   2 
                              14. Siddiqui Storm        28-62-14 .337  70   1-7-0    7   1
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• I go home for 3 weeks of school break and loose all my internet access and fail to set any lines in yahoo, then I manage to get to the top of the league, then drop down without noticing. Thats dissapointing. Better than the other league i play in where I sat Crosby for 3 weeks i guess. I'll have to fight back up there so i can enjoy a week at the top at least.

Canada. Decent game, much less exciting then the Russia or US game though. I guess most games will be anticlamactic after those 2 games. 5 in row anyways

Comment

Working...
                                X