Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of my teams are in a state of freefall. It's depressing.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
      Sigh. How the mighty have fallen.
      I find there are incredible ups and downs in a weekly league. I like it-- I can get smoked one week and then next week its all fresh-- IT can be frustrating when your opponent has one player go on a super hot streak but who knows what next week will bring

This year I have noticed a few more managers are making a few more roster moves. Heck-- all but one has made a least one move. Personally I think its better when managers are adjusting their teams from time to time-- Certainly circumstances change-- Who would have thought I would be riding Brent Johnson as my goalie of the week--

I actually did not understand the pickup by the Modines of Brian Boucher when San Jose had no back-to back games imminent but I cursed that move when Nabby went down . With Theodore riding the pine, the pickup of Johnston was needed to avoid defaulting the goalie categories but thats working out ok

Auction league

Less player moves overall although everyone has had some activity. AS the season moves along it is really so very evident how much higher the available free agent talent is. get an injury? Chose from ample numbers of players that will never see free agency in the draft league.

Looking back at the selection process, I think the auction is a far better way to choose up your teams. It was fast and there can be no fairness arguments on it whatsoever (as long as your internet connection works ) There can be complaints about drafting 14th (or first and then having to wait until 28th)-- Really want a player? Then you can get them. I will always still like the traditional draft style as well but to me, the auction is superior.
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
        All of my teams are in a state of freefall. It's depressing.

Please continue it for one more week (at least in the auction league)

I still want the Flames to win tonight but I am hoping for a supreme effort by the Flames and only allow 12 shots ( and win 9-8)
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope for the auction league, although I don't mind the look of my team and certainly am not giving up. I think my problems were ultimately a mix of the browser and the connection itself - it turns out we were having techincal issues with our connection that you wouldn't necessarily notice on a day-to-day basis, but probably impacted the overall continuity of our connection. Thankfully, that now seems to be solved. Had I not had the issues, there were certainly other players I would have nominated and/or taken runs at.

In the draft league, I would have been toast if Asher had managed to get his 3 goalie games.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• I was close too. I IR'd Legace an hour before he started since I was told he was long-term injured...then he ****ing played.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
              Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope for the auction league, although I don't mind the look of my team and certainly am not giving up. I think my problems were ultimately a mix of the browser and the connection itself - it turns out we were having techincal issues with our connection that you wouldn't necessarily notice on a day-to-day basis, but probably impacted the overall continuity of our connection. Thankfully, that now seems to be solved. Had I not had the issues, there were certainly other players I would have nominated and/or taken runs at.
              Your connectivity problems were unfortunate. I can only guess at the frustration to be bidding on a guy you want andf then come back to see he was gone.

Otherwise I believe the wole thing went really smoothly-- I thought the bidding interface was pretty good and really liked the whole process

Comment

• Not Impressed

OILERS CLAIM BOULERICE FROM AVALANCHE ON WAIVERS
                THE SPORTS NETWORK
                11/11/2008 5:32:10 PM

Edmonton, AB (Sports Network) - The Edmonton Oilers claimed forward Jesse Boulerice off waivers from the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday.

Boulerice, a 6-foot-2, 215-pound enforcer has scored two goals with two assists and 46 penalty minutes in 12 games this season with the Lake Erie Monsters, Colorado's AHL affiliate.

Drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in the fifth round of the 1996 NHL Entry Draft, the 30-year-old Boulerice made his NHL debut with the Flyers in 2001-02. Boulerice has played 170 NHL games with Philadelphia, Carolina and St. Louis, scoring eight goals with two assists and 333 penalty minutes.

Also on Tuesday the Oilers placed left winger Steve MacIntyre on the injured reserve list. MacIntyre missed the last two games of the Oilers seven-game road trip due to an upper body injury.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• That is so sweet, it's just what we need for the Battle of Alberta.

Comment

• Nice win over the Leafs-- Both the score and shots on goal are more flattering to the Leafs than the play was. The Flames dominated large portions of the game.

Leafs late goal was strange-- Face off on the Flames end and Conroy draws it right back into his own net without any Leaf having touched the puck-- I don't know if they credited the Leaf centre with the goal or the guy that touched the puck last BEFORE the previous whistle

Comment

• I believe they credited that goal to Bryan McCabe

(and before you say it, yes I know he isn't there anymore )

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Bryan Burke has been replaced as Anaheim's GM...interesting.

Next top, Toronto?

Comment

• I can't see any other reasonable possibility. He clearly wants to come here and Toronto is explicitly looking for a GM.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Hawks/Bruins game was pretty cool tonight ... Khabi was The Bulin Wall indeed, 38 saves including some incredible ones where he left you wondering how he could've been in position to make the save. Tim Thomas did pretty well also; both let in just one goal on redirects in regulation. Pretty fun game to watch.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• It was a very good game. Breakaways and penalty shots. The goalies refused to yield.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Yep... too bad Sharp couldn't make that penalty shot, though. I also thought the choice of third skater on the shootout was odd for us - instead of Havlat or Sharp, a rookie who's never done a shootout before, and isn't a particularly amazing shooter (his third shot never really got off - he skated it into the right side of the right post, basically). I'd have liked to have seen Sharp get his second chance and take advantage of what he'd learned in his first shot.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X