X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
    The game can be frustrating.

I have had convincing wins vs the top teams and losses vs the bottom.
    ditto on the frustration

What I find frustrating is the week when you lose several categories by 1-- arrgh-- my other big frustration is having players injured for a while that do not go on injured reserve. vanek was my latest in that boat

Oh ya-- marty StLouis -- that was a sweet 4 minutes last night

I was curious how I was doing against top and bottom. I don't have the pattern NYE mentions as I have done very well against the bottom teams-- and its good I have as my overall match record is a pretty weak 10-7-1. But I did notice another pattern as we have played a second round with 5 people so far. My results against the same opponent 14 weeks apart are remarkably similar so far. In all 5 cases my score in points is either one or two points different that the first go round.. Weird huh??

My other pattern is I have lost each and every match against the other teams that currently hold down the playoff spots (o and 6 against those 5 teams thus far) This pattern does not bode well for the playoffs

1 Blaine's Bruisers .559 Loss 2 - 4 Blaine's Bruisers Loss 1 - 5
    2 Malicious Pacifists .528 Win 6 - 1 Malicious Pacifists Win 6 - 2
    3 Haunted House Boos.528 Win 5 - 2 Haunted House Boos Win 5 - 1
    4 Televised Hawks .403 Win 4 - 2 17 Televised Hawks Win 5 - 3
    5 Kanadiens Win .424 4 - 2 17 18 Kanadiens Tie 2 - 2
    6 CrONoS_QC .372 Win 7 - 0
    7 Road Kill .583 Loss 1 - 4
    8 Calamitous Intent .462 Win 8 - 0
    9 The Pantless Pirates .559 Loss 3 - 4
    10 Derelique My Balls .583 Loss 3 - 5
    11 Matthew Modines .486 Loss 2 - 6
    12 Ice Hawks Loss .608 loss 2 - 5
    13 Siddiqui Storm .323 Win 7 - 1

18 Kanadiens Tie 2 - 2
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
      "close to me"=below.....haven't really looked, as the only people I am worried about are those ahead of me in the standings, and as there hasn't been anyone ahead of me in a while....not much to worry about.

[action=Sparrowhawk][/action]
      and now there are TWO ahead of you

Its a Looong season and this has been very competitive

On another note-- I have teams in a total of three yahoo pools and between them they were an aggregate 23-1-3 Oh ya and I made ZERO player moves

I do not think I have ever had such a good week-- But I believe things tend to balance out so I wil wait for the week when all my players suck
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Well I have to be cocky when in the lead don't I??

Close race (still) 1 point seperating 4 teams, should make for an interesting finish!

p.s. I noticed you didn't point out my "battling for a playoff spot" in the Auction league?
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• First in both leagues. I'd like to say that it's hard being this good, but I actually find it remarkably easy.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• You'll choke in the playoffs, just like Vancouver always does.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
              First in both leagues. I'd like to say that it's hard being this good, but I actually find it remarkably easy.
              Hatching -- counting --- chickens-- etc etc

Ahh-- I looked ahead and there are some head to head matchups in the offing among the leaders

Derelique gets Modines, Icehawks,Siddiqu and Folly (avg .500)
              RoadKill gets Folly, Pacifists, Boos and Televised hawks (avg.512)
              Ice Hawks get Pantless, Derilique, Modines, and Bruisers (avg.544)
              Folly gets Road Kill, Calamitous, Pantless and Derilique (avg.553)

So nobody gets an easy road and the Folly and Derelique have to face two out of the current top 4 in this stretch run including each other in the last week. Should be fun!!

Auction??

Well with only 8 teams, the playoff situation is much clearer (7th place HHB needs to make up 15 points or the top 6 are in). Oh ya and all of the top 4 in auction are also in playoff spots in the draft league (only Road Kill not being in the auction keeps it from being the same top 4--)

In any event-- big week this week as the top 4 face off.

Comment

• Anyone know if it is intentional that there is a maximum number of IR on the Auction League? For both leagues I have Nikolai Khabibulin on my teams, and he has just been put on the IR, but on the Regular league, I have put him on the IR and picked up another goalie (from the slim pickings available). He joined Tampa Bay's Mike Smith (G) on the IR for that team. My Auction team has Martin Brodeur whom I have been carrying for months now, waiting for his return, but with Khabi down too, it becomes tough to get my three games in without being able to pick up another goalie.

I don't remember the max IR being discussed, so I am wondering if this was an intentional choice, or if this is the first time it has occured this season on the Auction league?

Though the pickings are slim in this league too, I would like to pick up another goalie on the Auction league and hopefully get my three games in (though picking up goalies has been the kiss of death for me, they seem to get hurt shortly afterwards).

Also NYE, is it a setting in the regular league that we are allowed more IR and if so, how many are we allowed? (I looked in the settings for both leagues, but didn't see it).

"Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• There are always max IR, in every league I've ever been in. It's typically 1 by default. It's something I've dealt with many times this year already.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• FWIW, we have 2 IR in regular and only 1 in auction:

Regular:
                    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

Auction:
                    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Comment

• ah, ok

Thanks for the quick reply Asher.

I vote for 2 in both leagues next year

Comment

• I'd be cool with that.

I'd also vote we get rid of GAA in Auction to get rid of the imbalance towards goalies...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                          Also NYE, is it a setting in the regular league that we are allowed more IR and if so, how many are we allowed? (I looked in the settings for both leagues, but didn't see it).
                          We bumped it up to two after the first year, IIRC.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I've been burned by it too. I imagine we all have, at some point. Still, I don't think we should have more IR spots. It's just part of the making some tough strategic decisions.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• I suspect 1 is the default and I didn't change it from the default. However, I'm also a big fan of smaller roster sizes
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                                There are always max IR, in every league I've ever been in. It's typically 1 by default. It's something I've dealt with many times this year already.
                                Ditto

Right now its Vanek and Statsny for me. You just have to make tough decisions if the later payoff is worth wasting a roster spot for a while--

If you need another goalie you may have to drop a scorer

Comment

Working...
                                X