7. Texas Tech
    8. Penn State
    9. Boise State
    10. Ohio State
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
      Incidentally, Sloww--I think that is an awesome suggestion. Wow. Never even crossed my mind.
      It's flawed though. The reason Texas and Oklahoma have such low football graduation rates is very simple. Their players skip their last years because they go to the NFL. Texas Tech doesn't have nearly as many pro prospects. I think penalizing a team for having more professional talent is silly.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Btw:

Oklahoma jumps Texas in the BCS Standings to win the Big XII South!!!

Oklahoma jumped Texas in the lastest BCS standings to claim Big 12 South title.

Oklahoma apparently finished #1 in the computers after beating Oklahoma State, which got them into 2nd, even though the Harris ranked them 4th.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• OT1H good for the Sooners.

OTOH using BCS standings as a tiebreaker is
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Here's hoping that Missouri springs an upset so that Texas can get some justice.

A minor cheer to the Harris folks for getting it right.
            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• I just want to

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Oklahoma isn't going to pass Texas, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by reismark

Here's hoping that Missouri springs an upset so that Texas can get some justice.

A minor cheer to the Harris folks for getting it right.
                Texas' "justice" is that they finished behind Oklahoma, as they should. Great season, but not as impressive as the Sooners.

Comment

• Way over 500 posts... time for a new one.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Continued here:

Comment

Working...
                    X