This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football -- Back in Action!

OK, so some good games this weekend, with some interesting new faces.

Alabama v. Clemson -- A good neutral site game.

Illinois v. Missouri -- I wonder whether Illinois will be able to take the next step or will instead be an 8-4 team.

Tennessee v. UCLA -- UCLA could pull this upset based upon a strong D.

Utah v. Michigan -- Utah might pull out an upset on this one. We'll have to see how bad Michigan's O is. Its D is expected to be a big strength.

Michigan St. v. Cal -- Will Michigan State's recent success on the recruiting trail transfer to the football field?

Prior thread...

College Football Thread --Countdown to Kickoff
    Last edited by DanS; August 27, 2008, 13:36.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

And how about my boy Samardzija, strong in the big leauges with an ERA of 1.04?

The official website of the Chicago Cubs with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Damn, he was such a good receiver. At least he's with an NL team, so I'll get to watch his ball games over the next few years.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I'm watching Georgia. They may be good this year.
      I mean, real good.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Michigan State will crap the bed like they always do. Maybe not this week, but before long. Take it to the bank.

No idea what to make of my Wolverines this year. After what happened last year, I hesitate to predict anything. At the very least, it ought to be interesting.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

GO BLUE!
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
            GO BLUE!
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
              Michigan State will crap the bed like they always do. Maybe not this week, but before long. Take it to the bank.
              History certainly isn't kind to Michigan State in this regard. I do think the power running game that they've been developing might help them this year, however.

Comment

I suspect they'll beat Notre Dame again this year at least
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

They very well might. On the other hand, ND can't help but be a lot better this year.

Comment

Early on, Southern Cal looks absolutely amazing against Virginia!
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm a little surprised, to be honest. Thought they had lost a step once Leinart left.

Comment

They quite literally have the greatest backfield in the country. This is tailback U to the extreme!

Michigan is in trouble against Utah.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Michigan getting close, down 2, 25-23.

Blocked punt led to a TD pass next play. D got a stop and a fumble recovery. A face mask on Utah negated what would have been a big sack. A pass interference penalty got U-M closer before a TD run. Just missed on the 2-pt conversion.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Yep, good thing for Michigan that Utah is ****ing up the game.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                              GO BLUE!
                              GO RUNNIN' UTES!

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X