This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Good game.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Missed! TN loses!
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

What an ending.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

That 3rd stringer UCLA had at QB (Craft) really redeemed himself. What a great game by that guy!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            That 3rd stringer UCLA had at QB (Craft) really redeemed himself. What a great game by that guy!
            The Vol nation is up in arms. Calls are already resounding for Fulmer's head (Foolmore is the name he now seems to be known by).

The general consensus is that the Vols were once again outcoached. Chavis's defensive scheme in the fourth quarter was deplorable and predictable. One of the Knoxville sportswriters said that Chavis had turned a struggling 3rd string quarterback into Troy Aikman in a half. Sure looked that way to me.

Dave Clawson's "new" offense didn't seem to offer much that was "new" as Tennessee's offensive scheme looked old and outdated. Crompton had trouble handling the pressure all night. The front six that were billed as one of the best O-lines in the country sure didn't look that way.

The work looks cut out on Rocky Top this year for my beloved Vols. It could be a very long road through the SEC this year.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I didn't think the Vols played all that poorly. UCLA just caught lightening in a bottle in the 4th quarter. The Vols do have an inexperienced QB, and that's always a crap-shoot.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                I didn't think the Vols played all that poorly. UCLA just caught lightening in a bottle in the 4th quarter. The Vols do have an inexperienced QB, and that's always a crap-shoot.
                Credit definately goes to Norm Chow for recognizing that Tennessee was in a prevent defense in the 4th quarter. After the first couple of seam routes were hit you would think Chavis would get the cornerbacks closer to the line of scrimmage than 10 yards.

UCLA coaches had said that if they could keep it close to the 4th quarter that they "had a plan". Clearly they picked up on Chavis's habit of running the prevent with a lead in the 4th quarter. Equally clearly, Chavis was clueless as to what was happening to him.

I did think the Vols effort was good. I think they just had a bad plan. They certainly looked like the most talented team on the field. The problem was that they got severly outcoached.

As far as the offense is concerned...It was the first game under a completely new system. There is that for sure, but I still think the O-line played poorly compared to their ability. I will never figure out why we had nearly 200 yards rushing and decided to go all pass with Crompton struggling to hit a pass. Coaching again?

Is Nick Saban still for hire?
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

Is Nick Saban still for hire?
                  If the price is right...
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Look at the bright side, Plato. The Vols didn't lay an egg like Pitt did.

Didn't Saban just beat down Clemson? Sounds like it would be rather expensive to hire him away this week.

Comment

Wait until next week .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Want me to tell you the dark horse? Are you ready, Imran? Let me admit, maybe no National Championship, but watch Texas Tech. Seriously.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

They need a defense first.

Comment

Ok.

Comment

God, Notre Dame stinks this year too!

They've got some excellent individual players, like Clausen, but they just aren't putting it together as a team.

Comment

BYU wins 28-27!

Washington gets screwed by PAC 10 officials.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X