Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan's not coming back from this one. Sorry, Guynemer.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I didn't expect anything different. They've very fortunate to be 2-3 as it is. I'm not planning on watching them get to a bowl game this year.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Vandy

Comment

• Why do you find that so shocking?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• ...beacuse it's ****ing Vandy.

Comment

• Following Utah's victory over Oregon State (the team that beat USC, remember), the Mountain West and the Pac-10 have faced off seven times this season. The score is:

Mountain West 6
              Pac-10 1

Comment

• Undefeated teams remaining (15), and their upcoming game this week:

ACC (0)
                Big 12 (5): Oklahoma (vs. Texas), Missouri (vs. Oklahoma State), Texas (vs. Oklahoma), Texas Tech (vs. Nebraska), Oklahoma State (at Missouri)
                Big East (0)
                Big Ten (2): Penn State (at Wisconsin), Northwestern (vs. Michigan State)
                Conference USA (1): Tulsa (at Southern Methodist)
                Independents (0)
                Mid-American (1): Ball State (at Western Kentucky)
                Mountain West (2): Brigham Young (vs. New Mexico), Utah (at Wyoming)
                Pacific 10 (0)
                Southeastern (3): Alabama (idle), Louisiana State (at Florida), Vanderbilt (at Mississippi State)
                Sun Belt (0)
                Western (1): Boise State (at Southern Mississippi)

So, obviously a huge week coming up, particularly in the Big 12, where four of that conference's five undefeated teams facing off. The Big 10's two representatives also have tough games this week, as does LSU. All of the "mid-major" undefeateds have games that should be very winnable for them, while Texas Tech and Vanderbilt are going to be heavy favorites.

Given that there is always and upset of two, we'll probably see the undefeated teams dwindle to about ten in number next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                  ...beacuse it's ****ing Vandy.
                  Yet they are 5-0. Every once in a while you get the surprising team that comes from no where. It was Wake Forest a few years back, and Vandy is a squad that tends to threaten every few years (remember Jay Cutler went to school there).

And... Auburn sucks this year. They have no offense.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• FYI: Clausen is turning into a beast. His progress over the last two weeks has been nothing short of astonishing.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• 1) Oklahoma
                      2) Alabama
                      3) Penn State
                      4) Missouri
                      5) Louisiana State
                      6) Southern Cal
                      7) Texas
                      8) Florida
                      9) Brigham Young
                      10) Utah
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Do I really believe Utah is better than USC? No. But they beat Oregon State, something the Trojans utterly failed to do.

1. Louisiana State
                        2. Oklahoma
                        3. Alabama
                        4. Penn State
                        5. Texas
                        6. Utah
                        7. USC
                        8. Missouri
                        9. BYU
                        10. Vanderbilt

Comment

• Ugghh... Wake Forest and Clemson both suck the big suck. Amazing that Wake is ranked.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Big game day early. Texas & Oklahoma.

Comment

• Red River Shootout

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                                X