Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who the Hell would put Oklahoma ahead of the team that beat them?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Who the Hell would put Texas ahead of the team that beat them
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Harris poll is out:

1 Alabama (108) 11-0 2,839
        2 Florida (3) 10-1 2,644
        3 Oklahoma (2) 10-1 2,598
        4 Texas 10-1 2,577
        5 USC 9-1 2,387
        6 Penn State 11-1 2,187
        7 Texas Tech 10-1 2,118
        8 Utah (1) 12-0 2,113
        9 Boise State 11-0 1,901
        10 Ohio State 10-2 1,827
        11 Missouri 9-2 1,622
        12 Oklahoma State 9-2 1,621
        13 Georgia 9-2 1,607
        14 Ball State 11-0 1,346
        15 TCU 10-2 1,268
        16 Cincinnati 9-2 1,101
        17 Oregon State 8-3 976
        18 BYU 10-2 761
        19 Oregon 8-3 584
        20 Boston College 8-3 537
        21 Michigan State 9-3 517
        22 Georgia Tech 8-3 415
        23 Florida State 8-3 401
        24 Northwestern 9-3 330
        25 Pittsburgh 7-3 130

Seems the same as the AP at the top.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Retards.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Who the Hell would put Texas ahead of the team that beat them

Comment

• Texas beat Oklahoma, nimrod.

Comment

• It just drives me batty that USC is ahead of Utah.

Utah is undefeated, and beat Oregon State, the Pac-10 frontrunner and the only team to beat the Trojans.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Texas beat Oklahoma, nimrod.
                  And Imran is saying, by that logic, one shouldn't put Texas ahead of Texas Tech.

There's no good solution in this situation, but the fact that Tech was absolutely demolished makes it easier to put them at the back end of the three.

However, using that logic, Oklahoma ahead of Texas still doesn't square.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I didn't say they should put Texas ahaead of Oklahoma.
                    I did say that Tech screwed up the whole Big 12.

Damn dumbasses. Tech, that is. Anyway, Big 12 still rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Texas beat Oklahoma, nimrod.
                      Texas Tech beat Texas, nimrod.

Comment

• Like I said, they screwed the Big 12. Don't talk to me anymore today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                          And Imran is saying, by that logic, one shouldn't put Texas ahead of Texas Tech.

There's no good solution in this situation, but the fact that Tech was absolutely demolished makes it easier to put them at the back end of the three.

However, using that logic, Oklahoma ahead of Texas still doesn't square.
                          In a three way tie, I prefer to use scoring margin to determine the ranking.

Texas beat Oklahoma in a neutral field 45-35 (Texas +10, Oklahoma -10)

Texas Tech beat Texas at Lubbock 39-33 (Texas Tech +6, Texas -6)

Oklahoma beat Texas Tech at Norman 65-21 (Oklahoma +44, Texas Tech -44)

Now one may say, wait, Texas won at neutral field. That's true, so why don't we add a 10 point minus for winning at home field (in betting it is usually a 3 point credit, so we are penalizing a bit more).

That makes it:

Oklahoma +24
                          Texas +14
                          Texas Tech -48

Comment

• Did Harvard or Yale win?
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• That's a *highly* arbitrary way of quantifying the difference between home field and neutral field. Why shouldn't neutral field be worth 20 points or even 30?

Thankfully (and ironically) the computers are there to save the idiot pollsters from themselves.
                              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Good call on the Oklahoma-Texas Tech game, Sloww.

1. USC
                                2. Florida
                                3. Penn State
                                4. Texas
                                5. Oklahoma
                                6. Texas Tech
                                7. Missouri
                                8. Alabama
                                9. Ohio State
                                10. Iowa

Comment

Working...