Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for 2 at 21-19 is going to cost OSU the game, if they had kicked the extra point it would be 42-42 right now.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Not much defense in this game. OU scores with receiver wide open, goes up 51-41.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• OK, that last TD was totally unnecessary and only pisses me off more. Let's hope that was enough fight out of Oklahoma State to keep the Sooners behind Texas where they belong.
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• OU just running out the clock, but score a TD anyway. 61-41.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• OU beat the spread pretty handily. I went into this week thinking Texas looked ever so slightly better. Now I think Texas is ever so slightly worse.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• OK, that last TD was totally unnecessary and only pisses me off more.
              Boo hoo. If you want to watch risk-averse coaches showing unnecessary mercy, go watch the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                OU beat the spread pretty handily. I went into this week thinking Texas looked ever so slightly better. Now I think Texas is ever so slightly worse.
                Who cares what anyone thinks?

Texas beat Oklahoma! They have the same freaking record! Case closed! [/Ming]
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Texas will have #2. You boys can argue about it all you want. SHOULD the BCS go otherwise, they only proof the point of the masses; that they suck. So either way, ultimately I'll be satisfied.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The TT/Tex/OU loop can be resolved pretty simply. Each lost one game.

Texas lost by 6 and won by 10.
                    Oklahoma lost by 10 and won by 44.
                    Texas Tech lost by 44 and won by 6.

Obviously, Oklahoma's the most impressive from those games alone. +34 differential vs +4 and -38. Oklahoma and Texas also have a number of common wins.

Baylor: Oklahoma +32, Texas +24
                    Kansas: Oklahoma +14, Texas +28
                    Tex A&M: Oklahoma +38, Texas +40
                    OSU: Oklahoma +20, Texas +4
                    Total: Oklahoma +104, Texas +96

Oklahoma with a very tiny edge here.

My gut feeling is that Texas played better in the games against non-common opponents.

I think Oklahoma is the better team. They ended up doing better against OSU than Texas did, which should improve their standing.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• We can also use point differential:

Overall
                      Texas Tech: +220
                      Texas: +304
                      Oklahoma: +342

Big XII Conference Games
                      Texas Tech: +94
                      Texas: +149
                      Oklahoma: +175
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It's a shame Oregon messed up the Texas-USC showdown in the Fiesta Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                          OU just running out the clock, but score a TD anyway. 61-41.
                          Yep, it was just running out the clock, but OSU couldn't stop it anyway.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• What did it really matter?

Alabama
                            Texas
                            Oklahoma
                            Florida
                            and here's where I harp about competition, Texas Tech.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• 1 Florida
                              2 Oklahoma
                              3 Texas
                              4 USC
                              5 Alabama
                              6 Penn State
                              7 Texas Tech
                              8 Ohio State
                              9 Oklahoma State
                              10 Utah

Comment

• Ah, right, top 10s .

1) Florida
                                2) Oklahoma
                                3) Alabama
                                4) Texas
                                5) Southern Cal
                                6) Penn State
                                7) Texas Tech
                                8) Utah
                                9) Ohio State
                                10) Boise State

Not much change (a small bit at the end).

Comment

Working...
                                X