Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But Imran, Vanderbilt beat Mississippi, who beat Florida. Therefore, Vanderbilt has earned the right to go to a bowl game before Florida.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I guess the difference here is that I am allowing for the possibility that my opinion (USC is better than Utah) is wrong; in fact, where there is compelling evidence that my opinion may be wrong, I will side with the evidence.

This would all be ****ing moot if all conference champs with one or zero losses were put into a tournament. That way we'd have the Bama-UF winner, almost certainly someone out of that Big 12 South mess, Penn State, Utah, probably USC, Boise State, and probably Ball State.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• WOW, what a run by Johnson!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
          But Imran, Vanderbilt beat Mississippi, who beat Florida. Therefore, Vanderbilt has earned the right to go to a bowl game before Florida.
          Apples to oranges.

I'm comparing 12-0 and (likely) 11-1 teams, not 11-1 and 6-6.

Comment

• Yes, it's absurd because Vanderbilt's performance in its 11 other games matter.

Utah's performance in its 11 other games matters, too. And it barely skated by in half of its wins. USC has dominated.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• Ducks followed up with a pick six. But Beavers scored quickly, down 37-17.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Utah's performance in its 11 other games matters, too.
                Yes, it does. They won every single goddamned one of them. That is all that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer

Yes, it does. They won every single goddamned one of them. That is all that matters.
                  No.

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

No.
                      QFT

Last I heard Boise State and Ball State won every game too. If that's all that matters, they should be 2, 3, and 4, right?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Oregon basically took a dump on Oregon State.

4:14 left and Oregon is up 58-38.

Looks like Southern Cal is going to Rose Bowl

to Reismark!
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Damn, OK QB Bradford went airborne trying to get to the end zone. Knocked spinning out of bounds. Then fumbled the snap, but the OL had cleared such a hole that he could pick it up and get enough momentum going forward that he was able to split between a couple of LBs. 37-26 Sooners.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• *sighs*

The Pac-10 is useless.

Well, there's still the hope that UCLA can beat the evil Trojans next week, but I'm not holding my breath.
                            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

QFT

Last I heard Boise State and Ball State won every game too. If that's all that matters, they should be 2, 3, and 4, right?
                              Sigh...

See above re: Utah and Florida...

Comment

• Ducks pound Beavers.

Comment

Working...
                                X