Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither

Where do you see that?
    It's in their "What's new" section for new features to Yahoo Fantasy Hockey this year.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

It's in their "What's new" section for new features to Yahoo Fantasy Hockey this year.
      It's not in any of the settings that the commish can change that I have found.

Is anybody a commish in another league and can help an old, blind man out?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I've sent a message to Yahoo tech support to find out what is up with this 'new feature.'
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• NYE, did you join the ESPN league yet? I didn't see your join as of last I checked.

Also, Tingkai, I pm'ed you again - I don't see a PM with your email address...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• By the way, the max acquisitions per week setting is in the initial league setup screen. I couldn't change that once I got into the actual league, though. You probably were unable to set it because you carried over the old league...

FYI, if we go with ESPN for the auction league, there is in addition to limits on acquisition, limits on actual games played at each position each week - so you can, say, limit the LW spots (together, I think?) to 10 games per week, or whatnot.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

FYI, if we go with ESPN for the auction league, there is in addition to limits on acquisition, limits on actual games played at each position each week - so you can, say, limit the LW spots (together, I think?) to 10 games per week, or whatnot.
              I would be totally against that

I can understand somewhat restrictions that prevent "churn" or whatever but why limit people-- If I think my team will kick azz with 4 leftwingers, why shouldn't I be allowed to do that

The big one I noticed was a limit on goalie games and I am completely and utterly opposed to that. Let people decide themselves how manygoalies they want to keep
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• The idea would be to have a 'level' playing field where you get an even number of games out of each position each week, so instead of comparing your 25 LW games to my 15 LW games, we compare 15:15. It's an effective way of controlling 'churn' that is used to increase skater games, without actually limiting roster moves.

The only reason most of us object in any way to 'churn' is because of people churning to increase their skater games (to have, say, 7 games each week out of every single roster spot, or as close as possible to it). This addresses that directly.

Comment

The idea would be to have a 'level' playing field where you get an even number of games out of each position each week, so instead of comparing your 25 LW games to my 15 LW games, we compare 15:15. It's an effective way of controlling 'churn' that is used to increase skater games, without actually limiting roster moves.

The only reason most of us object in any way to 'churn' is because of people churning to increase their skater games (to have, say, 7 games each week out of every single roster spot, or as close as possible to it). This addresses that directly.
                  OH I understood exactly the purpose but IMHO its using a hand grenade to kill an ant. Some of the limits make it almost useless to carry a third goalie on your roster (if your top 2 will play 7 games that week for instance) and effectively eliminates strategic options such as overweighting a position .

If people want to limit churn put in a weekly transaction limit or something-- But ws it that much of an issue? In our league I was the worst "offender" and really my numbers reflected an average of two player switches a week -- 2 changes equals 4 transactions-- ( my final transaction numbers were jacked up by a large number of last day transactions to try to win a close playoff round in both the semis and the 3rd place round). But I would much rather play with a severe limit on transactions than have a limit on games played by position.

A limit of 4 moves a week ( so two player changes on the roster) would seem to be simple and easy . That few is hardly churning but allows me to have my fun of playing a hunch
                  Last edited by Flubber; September 8, 2008, 19:18.
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I think a change from player a to player b only counts as one move.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

I think a change from player a to player b only counts as one move.
                      I don't think so-- IIRC when I dropped a player that counted as a move and then when I added one it was a move-- I could absolutely be wrong and perhaps I could have halved my number of transactions by doing the two parts at once-- but thats my recollection

Comment

• Our recollections differ. No harm in that.

We'll know for sure pretty soon.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

NYE, did you join the ESPN league yet? I didn't see your join as of last I checked.
                          I was/am having problems with my ESPN login. Not sure how to resolve it.

That may be all for the good though, as real life has been keeping me busier than normal and I got a larger dose of the disease today. For that reason, I think you should find a replacement for me as I certainly have no time for another league.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Our recollections differ. No harm in that.

We'll know for sure pretty soon.
                            We can just agree beforehand if we want to limit on total # of new players added vs # of players dropped and added...
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• It makes a difference if we want to use Yahoo settings. Many of them can't be changed after the draft and some others can't be changed after the season starts.

The commish tools page tells me I can't modify 'roster changes' settings after the draft.

Can you recall if a sub counted one or two changes?

I'm pretty sure it is one.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• I think it may count as two "moves" but one "roster change"...I seem to recall the "moves" figure being grossly inflated due to dropping/adding.

Comment

Working...
                                X