AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 08/09: Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flubber

I'll see what I can do since two drafts at once is far from ideal-- Its just that the 14th is the birthday of one of my children and we are supposed to have people over etc etc so 4pm my time sounds totally awful-- ie right when I have a houseful of people

Does the live draft tool allow me to have put in prior rankings ?? Its not ideal since if there is a run on a position I might want to change my order a bit to avoid getting no one good in the position but it may be better than nothing--
    Yes, you can prearrange your own rankings.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I still need MrBoo, NYE, and Kontiki to join the ESPN league, and Tingkai to PM me an email address to add to ESPN; and a tenth player to be coerced into joining...

I think it will work fine doing both at the same time, auction it's easy to watch to see whether it's a player you like or not.

Actually, could we just start the regular draft an hour earlier (10am ET)? If we did that we could just run the regular draft, and then start the auction at 11am ET when that's effectively over (either actually over, or into the bench players at least). I realize 8am is early for those of you in calgary/etc., but it's not THAT early...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
        I still need MrBoo, NYE, and Kontiki to join the ESPN league, and Tingkai to PM me an email address to add to ESPN; and a tenth player to be coerced into joining...

I think it will work fine doing both at the same time, auction it's easy to watch to see whether it's a player you like or not.

Actually, could we just start the regular draft an hour earlier (10am ET)? If we did that we could just run the regular draft, and then start the auction at 11am ET when that's effectively over (either actually over, or into the bench players at least). I realize 8am is early for those of you in calgary/etc., but it's not THAT early...
        I like early-- If it was 6 am here I still wouldn't mind but I get the sense it would not be such a hit with NYE

But overall snoopy I like your plan-- If the regular draft is that fast-- and I see no reason it should not be-- doing the auction after the draft makes great sense to me
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I'm a morning person, so I'm fine with 8am for me.

Originally posted by snoopy369
          I still need MrBoo, NYE, and Kontiki to join the ESPN league,
          I've never got an email or pm replying back with a link to the site. Just one from NYE about the yahoo league. Or do I just sign up and join the league on my own? I can resend the pm I sent with my email in it.

EDIT: NM it went to the spam folder...
          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• I'm thinking that our priority should be the draft for this league. Am I right in that?

I'd like to avoid anyone having to draft off a priority list or take BAPAY.

We've picked up a manager who is in Korea (joncha). I will contact him to find out about times that work for him.

snoopy, Yahoo will not allow for a draft on the Oct 1-2 weekend, but would ESPN allow you to do that?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I've traded messages with joncha, and tried to consider the wishes of the east coast managers.

I propose a noon eastern draft. That is 1am for joncha and 10am for people in Alberta. Live drafts normally take 60 to 90 minutes. I think that accomodates snoopy's commitments that afternoon.

For the auction draft, you should be able to go earlier if you are that set on going the same day, the only day that we are all available.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

• 10 a.m. for the auction draft and noon for the regular draft is good for me.

Snoopy, I've sent my email address to you.
                Golfing since 67

Comment

• The Game
                  Yahoo Fantasy Hockey. Create or join a NHL league and manage your team with live scoring, stats, scouting reports, news, and expert advice.

The League
                  ID 9700
                  PW ming
                  Yahoo Fantasy Hockey. Create or join a NHL league and manage your team with live scoring, stats, scouting reports, news, and expert advice.

The Managers
                  Flubber
                  Asher
                  Kontiki
                  snoopy369
                  mrboo123
                  Guynemer
                  Sparrowhawk
                  CrONoS
                  Tingkai
                  Imran Siddiqui
                  joncha
                  notyoueither

The Draft, Live
                  Tentatively scheduled for Sunday, Sept 14 at 12 noon, Eastern time.

The Rules
                  Max 20 teams
                  Head-to-Head
                  Maximum Moves, say 40
                  Maximum Trades, none
                  Trade Pending Time, 1 day
                  Trade deadline, Mar 5
                  Waiver period, 2 days
                  Can't Cut List, None
                  Undrafted Players, Free Agents
                  Trades Reviewed by, Commissioner (subject to the Flubber Rule)
                  Trades can only be reversed/stopped by the commisioner upon there being evidence of collusion or firesales. Decisions of the commish can be overturned by a vote of the majority of the poolers.
                  - Flubber

Minimum Goalie Games, 3
                  Roster Changes, Daily
                  League Starts Scoring, Week 1

The Teams
                  2C, 2L, 2R, 2D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR

Scoring
                  G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, W, SV%, SHO

The Season
                  23 Weeks, starting Sept 29-Oct 12, ending Mar 9-15

Playoffs
                  Mar 16-22
                  Mar 23-29
                  Mar 30-Apr 12 Finals
                  Last edited by notyoueither; September 8, 2008, 21:02.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• 12 teams is really good. Double round robin with one wild card game. No bye weeks.

There seems to be a plurality for setting a maximum number of moves. I set it to 40. That could be changed.

Opinion is split on adding one bench spot. Please speak up here to advise of your preference. We'll be drafting 168 players (up to 144 skaters). Last season, the players past 144 on the NHL scoring charts were 40 point players.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• Maximum number of moves total? I'm not a big fan of that.

I am a fan of a reasonable limit per week (maybe 5?)

I am in favour of 1 more bench spot.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I'd prefer to keep the bench as is. If there is a per-week limit option, I think that would be preferable to a season limit.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Per week limit is not an option in Yahoo.

Options at Yahoo that would have an effect:
                          - Setting roster changes to weekly
                          - Changing unassigned players to waiver system rather than free agency.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• Then what does this mean?

Maximum Player Moves per Week

Reduce player churn by capping the total number of player acquisitions allowed per team each week in your Head-to-Head league.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                              Then what does this mean?

Maximum Player Moves per Week

Reduce player churn by capping the total number of player acquisitions allowed per team each week in your Head-to-Head league.
                              Where do you see that?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• I hadn't realized I had created a trade rule - it wasn't an issue last season anyway as I think the few trades there were went fairly early and were obviously value for value

Draft and auction same day works ok for me if the timing is as outlined

Limit on moves? I'll play with whatever the people want -- and I am the person people are probably hoping to curtail (even thougfh I didn't really go crazy-- I just rotated a couple of players though my lineup) ----- 40 seems pretty low though-- Since every roster move actuially take 2 "moves" that would be slightly fewer than 1 change a week, wouldn't it?

I'm actually in agreement with Asher that a weekly limit may be better-- It does seem fairer all around since otherwise a manager could be advantaged disadvantaged by whether or not their opponents had moves left when an injury hit.

In any event I'll play with whatever was decided -- full scale churn was never my intent and in fact seemed a little counter productive anyway

Oh and I would add one to the bench if we could-- I believe there were a few in favor of that but don't recall where the tally of for and against was....
                                Last edited by Flubber; September 7, 2008, 17:54.
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X