AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 08/09: Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither

Can you use email? Someone could email you the draft list and relay your picks.
    I'll be on vacation - very limited, if any, internet access. Plus, I'm not exactly going to be toting around my scouting guides or thinking much about hockey pools.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
      and tried Sparrowhwak but his PM box was full.
      Thankfully I still get an email when by PM box is full

Is there anyone else that we should invite? Is a thread in the main OT any point for people that follow hockey but don't routinely come in this sub-forum?
      Ben Kenobi has expressed an interest and been in drafts before, so he should be a possible.

As for myself, I am interested, though not a definite. Unlike Kontiki I am on holidays now (and not home again until September 9), but I still have daily internet access, and though I am also missing my hockey guides, I can still participate fairly easily and shouldn't have a problem there.

/me

Edit: what about Hot Mustard? He wasn't in last year, but did very well the year before (iirc he even beat me! )
      Last edited by Sparrowhawk; August 23, 2008, 00:46.
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I'm really not going to have time this year. I neglect my team after a certain point most years anyway.
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've sent out PMs to past managers as well as people who have spoken up about hockey in the past twelve months (I threw in a couple others as well).

Our current plan seems to be to go with the same stats as past years and start an early draft (Sept 2ish). It will be a more interesting draft.

I would like to add an extra bench spot, if people do not mind. It may not stop people from making a lot of roster changes, but it will reduce the effect it could have on weekly outcomes.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'm in favour of an extra bench spot
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

A hearty hello to everyone!

Thanks for the message, NYE. Unfortunately I just don't have the time I used to for this sort of thing.

Best wishes all.

Comment

We may be able to get more people if we trick them into thinking this is a football pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Mustard
                    A hearty hello to everyone!

Thanks for the message, NYE. Unfortunately I just don't have the time I used to for this sort of thing.

Best wishes all.
                    A baby can be a handful.

Catch you next season when you're begging for a break from the terrible twos.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

i want to take part of the pool!
                      bleh

Comment

Thank you for the invite NYE, but I have to decline.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ben Kenobi has expressed an interest and been in drafts before, so he should be a possible.
                          My situation at the moment isn't really all that stable. I'm just finishing up a big contract, and I have to see where I want to go from there.

Thanks again Sparrowhawk.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS
                            i want to take part of the pool!
                            yay! Someone to stock up on the habs players

Comment

You may wish to pm joncha.

Comment

Joncha has forsaken Poly forever... he wouldn't even come back to vote for Sava, so he won't likely come back
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X