Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: VII Da da da, da da daa, da da da, da daa da daa

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    6-2?

We should be able to win our last two games.

What happens if you guys lose to Minnesota, who is looking very good out there?

C'mon Asher.

You can tell me.
    Nothing's in stone, but Calgary is sitting in a good position and Vancouver's is very, very desperate. Calgary is 3 points into the playoffs, Vancouver is 1 point out of the playoffs, and Nashville (who is holding on to the last spot with 1 more point than you) is playing St Louis and Chicago...

You may want to check Calgary's record vs Minnie this season, BTW.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Desperate?

Beating two teams we play well against.

All it takes is one loss by either Calgary or Nashville to put us in.

Want to make an avatar bet Asher?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Desperate?

Beating two teams we play well against.

Want to make an avatar bet Asher?
        Want to make a bet that Calgary makes the playoffs? Is that what you're asking for?

Sure. I like them odds.

Vancouver's is desperate because they've got 2 games left and they're currently sitting out of the playoffs...and the guy in last place is playing against two non-playoff teams.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Ok.

The bet is:

1. If Vancouver makes the playoffs, you will wear an avatar of my choice, until the end of the playoffs.

2. If Vancouver fails, I will wear an avatar of your choice for the end of the playoffs.

Deal?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Uhh -- no, I don't give a **** about Vancouver.

The bet is about Calgary or no deal.

I think Calgary is more likely to make the playoffs than Vancouver but I'm not eliminating Vancouver.

There's no way I'm betting on a team as heartless as Vancouver.

Comment

• Ok fine.

I can do Calgary

Comment

• I am curious who you guys would rather play? San Jose or Detroit?

Given their recent play I would rather face Detroit in the playoffs then San Jose, but would anyone pick a team with the talent of Detroit if they could choose another?

Given the option, would you rather your team finish 7th or 8th? (and this is open to any Flames, Canucks, Predators or anyone else that cares to answer).

I know I would have been happy to see Edmonton play anyone in the playoffs, but given the choice of the two, I would have picked playing the Red Wings over the Sharks.

/me

Edit: Ben, that's a crazy bet. I expect Asher to start deciding your avatar now, and it ain't gonna be pretty!
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I have no preference, both are very likely 1-way tickets to elimination.

I think I'd prefer the Wings if not for the fact that we played them last year, and I'm bored of them.

so SJ would be more interesting...

Comment

• I don't think I can pull off a win in the league this year - my team is just collapsing this week. Ottawa gets shut out again? WTF?!?
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                      Well damn.

Hell of a run, just an ounce short.
                      Yup

If I were in Edmonton I think I would have had to given the team a standing ovation for their excellent effort and overall exciting run. The emergence of so many good young players bodes very well for Edmonton's future. AS early as next season you have to be looking at the Oilers as a solid playoff contender

This year was really weird for the Oil. They were genuinely very very bad early in the season and only Garon and shootout prowess masked how awful they were. Then they evolved into one of the better teams in the league. That record down the stretch run is pretty impressive.

But as a Flames fan, we needed the win so c'est la vie
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I would like my team to finish eigth
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Wrong on the Calgary side-- The Flames lead the Canucks by four and the only way you catch Calgary if you win out and the Flames lose out. Even a loser point for the Flames and the Flames clinch.

So basically the Canucks now need help-- Vancouver can win both their remaining games and still not make the playoffs.
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                            I am curious who you guys would rather play? San Jose or Detroit?

Given their recent play I would rather face Detroit in the playoffs then San Jose, but would anyone pick a team with the talent of Detroit if they could choose another?

Given the option, would you rather your team finish 7th or 8th? (and this is open to any Flames, Canucks, Predators or anyone else that cares to answer).

I know I would have been happy to see Edmonton play anyone in the playoffs, but given the choice of the two, I would have picked playing the Red Wings over the Sharks.

* Sparrowhawk

Edit: Ben, that's a crazy bet. I expect Asher to start deciding your avatar now, and it ain't gonna be pretty!

The goal for the Flames is still to try to get up to 3rd but since thats not likely, the best position for the Flames is probably 6th. They have played well against Minny this year and I think any one would prefer the Wild over the Ducks Sharks and Wings.

But -- until the Flames get that last needed point, I am still thinking JUST MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                              I would like my team to finish eigth
                              and you are still mathematically alive-- Bet you were cursing Nashville last night for their comeback

Comment

• Wrong on the Calgary side-- The Flames lead the Canucks by four and the only way you catch Calgary if you win out and the Flames lose out. Even a loser point for the Flames and the Flames clinch.
                                The Canucks have to win against Calgary anyways, so a win by the Canucks against Calgary and Edmonton, and a loss by Calgary against Minnesota puts them in.

Bad odds, but certainly could be worse ones. I expected them to lose tonight against Colorado.

Comment

Working...
                                X