This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Showing you have absolutely zero confidence in the whole team, priceless.
    not the whole team, just shows you have no confidence in your defense.

The way Romo was throwing, it made no difference. He should have just ran in for the TD. It's not like Dallas could score twice.

Comment

• Exactly. Why play to not lose? Go ahead and play to win.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• But... there has been an incidence this season when a team did score too fast, and the other team came back to beat them.

In this case it wasn't a big deal as Dallas was playing like crap. .

I saw a SC blurb that Romo doesn't play as well when he has babes in the stand. Like Underwood and J. Simpson.

Comment

• They DID play to win. They eliminated any chance of Dallas getting the ball back.

This is not remotely similar to "showing no confidence in your defense." This is seeing a way to wrap up a win at the 58:00 mark of a 60-minute game, and taking the opportunity.

"It's not like Dallas was going to score twice." --Sounds just like the words I heard coming out of Tony Kornheiser's mouth right before Dallas scored twice in the final minutes to steal a game from Buffalo in Week 5.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Exactly. Why play to not lose? Go ahead and play to win.
            They were already winning, scoring would have been running up the score...

This is the same thing as a team that is winning the game and an opposing team is driving in the last minute to score and the defence make a pick. Does the defense try to score, or just sit on the ball to win the game. They sit on it. That is just what Westbrook did.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Exactly. Why play to not lose? Go ahead and play to win.
              He has one choice that GUARANTEES THEY WIN THE GAME, and one choice that does not. We're not talking 'playing the odds' here, except if you're too much of a ****wit to understand the difference between "100%" and "less than 100%".

I want every player on my team doing it this way, and not going for personal glory and a few extra points when it could cost my team the game. More players using their ****ing brains is what this league needs, not glory hogs who think about the next 5 seconds and no further.

Brian Westbrook was already known as a classy guy, and this just adds to his resume
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I tell you what, why don't you sit and foam from the mouth over it? I just didn't know the Cowboys gave teams the drizzles this badly. Excuse me.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Brian Westbrook made a smart play. This is a fact.

As for the fantasy/RL discussion, for me, real football always comes first. I drafted Brady in Poly II league because I thought that a career year could be brewing (I was thinking along the lines of 30 touchdowns, not 50, but whatever.) Nonetheless, I cheer every time he makes a poor play of any sort. I'm a Colts fan. I couldn't ever cheer for the Patriots.

My biggest regret about Brady's play this week is that he didn't play poorly enough.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• MNF... Bears/Vikings.
                    I'm sure some fantasy games will be determinded by this game...

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• My best fantasy team went into the toilet this weekend.
                      Mass paralysis. Disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                        MNF... Bears/Vikings.

If only I weren't still at work

My boss is so mean

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                          MNF... Bears/Vikings.

I have Berrian going tonight...

My oppoonent has Adrian Peterson (Min)...
                          and Chester Taylor...
                          and Bobby Wade...
                          and Tavarious Jackson...
                          and Ryan Longwell...
                          and the Minnesota defense.
                          Last edited by Donegeal; December 17, 2007, 22:42.
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                            My boss is so mean

Yeah... he can be that way some times
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You wanna know who the Bears should sit so Mike Haas can get a shot on the field? Moose. He drops passes just as oftoen as he catches them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal

I have Berrian going tonight...

My oppoonent has Adrian Peterson (Min)...
                                and Chester Taylor...
                                and Bobby Wade...
                                and Tavarious Jackson...
                                and Ryan Longwell...
                                and the Minnesota defense.
                                Sounds like you're doing okay then...

Comment

Working...
                                X