No announcement yet.

MLB: Hot Stove Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According the the NY Daily News, they did the full "free agent tour of Connecticut" including dinner with Omar Minaya and Willie Randolph.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ohlendorf, admittedly on only one observation, looked real real good. Good control, little deception since he threw such strong heat. 50-50 he'll be rostered after a good spring.
      Oh, I have little doubt he will be in the NYY bullpen next year. I wonder how effective he will be. Still, I'd rather watch him than Farnsworthless.

It appears that Mets backed off that offer to Torreabla. They are probably better off that way.

But David Eckstein? WTF? Isn't Iguchi available? Isn't he way, way better?

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

New York Mets
        Luis Castillo 2B Signed as Free Agent ( 2008-2009)
        Apparently the Mets stuck w/him.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Iguchi
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            Apparently the Mets stuck w/him.

-Arrian

He really isn't that good, but far better then Eck.

Oh, and Arrian, looks like Rivera is back in the fold for 3 more years.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              Iguchi
              I like Tad. Too bad he won't agree to play 3B.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

He can come back to the Sox and play 2b for us

Comment

TRADE NEWS:

The White Sox and Angels completed a major trade Monday, with Chicago acquiring gold glove shortstop Orlando Cabrera in exchange for right-handed starting pitcher Jon Garland.

White Sox trade SP Garland to the Angels for SS Cabrera.

Good deal here for both sides. Angels' best prospect is a SS and the ChiSox needed a SS.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Lowell about to be re-signed with the BoSox:

Mike Lowell and the Boston Red Sox finalized a three-year, $37.5 million deal.

Comment

Hmm. Garland for O. Cabrera... interesting.

I'm sure Lowell will resign with the Sox... though the Phillies would seem to be a decent fit too.

I'm also sure that Mo will find out that nobody is going to come anywhere near the Yankees offer. It will, of course, be nice to have him back (seeing him in another uniform would've been really strange), but the contract is insane.

-Arrian

Comment

Ooh, I like that. I liked Garland but he probably wasn't reliable enough. What happens to Uribe then, trade bait or just utility player??

Cabrera isn't amazing but he's pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                          I'm also sure that Mo will find out that nobody is going to come anywhere near the Yankees offer. It will, of course, be nice to have him back (seeing him in another uniform would've been really strange), but the contract is insane.
                          I thought Mo was basically already signed. Like dot the I's and cross the T's.

Comment

Cabrera is a great fit for the White Sox. Good fundamentals, and it's nice to be able to dump uribe, one of the (too) many feast-or-famine bats in that lineup.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Cabrera is solid. He's a decent hitter for the position, and is good defensively... most teams would like to have him.

Garland is a pretty good pitcher, though, no? Not an ace, but he's solid (4 and a quarterish ERA in the AL). That's awfully valueable.

Apparently the White Sox think they had surplus pitching, and the Angels are ready to trust their prospect at SS.

-Arrian

Comment

Hmm... RA+ of 100, meaning exactly average.

So we have a 27 year old pitcher who is a good bet to throw ~200 league-average innings and a 33-year old SS who is basically a league-average hitter and an above-average defender & baserunner.

I don't know the details of their contracts, but it does indeed look like a deal that could be good for both teams (or at least be a good idea for both teams).

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                                X