MLB: Hot Stove Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you guys seen this?

I dunno how accurate it is, but it looks damn cool.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

That is actually pretty cool.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm surprised the Cubs haven't invaded and annexed the White Sox already.
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

SI.com (specifically Jon Heyman) is saying that the Yankees have taken the lead in the Santana derby by putting Phil Hughes (rather than Ian Kennedy) on the table along with Melky Cabrera and a third player TBD. The Red Sox have dropped back due to their refusal to part with Ellsbury or Buchholz.
          ****. ****! Goddamnit! Noooooooooo! You fools!

This is idiotic. The Yankees can (most likely) purchase Santana's services next year, when all it will cost is Steinycash.

Oh, and Reismark... Hughes >> Kennedy. What you saw was a healthy 22 yr old Kennedy make 3 (?) September starts versus a 21 year old Hughes throw a 6 1/3 inning no-hitter, get hurt, get hurt again, come back and be inconsistent in a larger sample of starts... and then finally get it in gear in September and October.

Kennedy is really good, and I like him a lot. But Hughes is on another level - with Joba.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Now there are reports that Pettitte is coming back to the Yanks.

I really, really, really hope the Santana deal falls through. Hughes + Melky + ? for one year Santana (yes, I know, the deal will involve an extension) is too much.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what Minny does. They "claim" that if they don't like the offers, they will just keep him for the year. Can they really afford to get nothing for him?

But if they decide to keep him, the Yankees would then be in the driver seat, because it seems nobody can offer the money like the Yankee ATM can.

I think Boston is just staying in the hunt to jack up the price for the Yankees
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Santana countered their claim by telling them he will not waive his no-trade clause for a deadline deal, meaning if they don't trade him now, they can't trade him at all. High stakes.

But yeah, in the end I think the Yankees (and Red Sox) have more leverage than they (Yankees) realize. The Twins could well end up getting 2 draft picks for Johan, and that's it.

And I totally agree with you about Boston. Theo is just trying to bleed the Yanks. So far, it appears to be working. I smell fear from the Yankees, and it's making them do something stupid, IMO.

-Arrian

Comment

Theo is a genius.

He'll get the Yankees to give up Hughes and Melky, when it's quite obvious that the Red Sox don't care all that much about Santana (yeah, they'd love to have him, but their pitching situation is pretty nice already).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Now the rumors are that the Yanks-Twins deal is all but dead, whereas the Twins and Boston are close on this:

Lester+Crisp+Lowrie/Masterson for Santana.

First off, I'm happy the Yankees refused to give in to a demand of Hughes+Kennedy+Melky (which is patently insane) or Hughes+Melky+Austin Jackson+Allan Horne. Walk away.

Second, if the Red Sox get it done for that package, **** the Twins... and so be it. As scary as Santana, Beckett, Matsuzaka, Shilling, Buccholtz is, to hell with it.

-Arrian

Comment

• We shall see... The Yankees closed the door on ARod, and look what happened.

It ain't over until it's over, and I don't think we have heard the last word from the Yankees yet.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah, I'll be cursing out the Twins if they gift-wrap Santana for the Red Sox with that package, which isn't even close to the Yankees' final offer (and to think that Minnesota wanted either Kennedy or Jackson and Horne on top of Hughes and Cabrera)!

The only silver lining if it goes down this way is that all the Yankee haters will be forced to admit what we've known all along - that the Red Sox are just as bad and, in certain ways, worse.
                        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• I have bottomless hatred for both franchises. Although my Yankee hate is far more matured.
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well, the Yankees are walking away, while the BoSox have made no such threats.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The outcome of this deal will have no effect on my hatred for the New Boston York Sox.

Comment

• Tiger just got Miguesl Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis for Miller, Maybin and 4 other minor leaguers. Do the Tigers have the best line-up in baseball now

Grandrson - CF (20,20,20,20)
                                Polanco - 2b (3rd in the batting title)
                                Cabrera - 3b (consistant 30, .300, 100)
                                Ordonez - RF (Batting Title, 2nd Place in MVP)
                                Sheffield - DH
                                Guillen - 1b (consistant .300, 20, 90)
                                Renterria - SS (.332 last year)
                                Rodriguez - C
                                Thames or Perez or Inge - LF

Not to mention the Pitching Rotation Verlander, Bonderman, Rogers, Willis, Robertson

Comment

Working...
                                X