This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you work for the government now?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I'm good for an intense drafting session to plow through multiple rounds at some point as long as it's after 6:30 or 7:00 PM Eastern M-F (I'm more flexible on weekends). While I can participate at work on a daily basis, I can't fully commit to a set time during working hours since I don't know what my schedule is going to be like on a day-to-day basis.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
        Can we all agree that this draft is moving way too slowly now? What is our plan of action, people?
        Now a real response with the options I see

1. Make two picks per slot in some later rounds
        2. Have to submit lists of ranked players to fill out your rosters
        3. Meet online
        4. Wait and see for now but have a plan by a week before regular season commencement
        5. Start the seaon with less than our full complements
        6. Start our season a week late ( Is that possible? Would really piss off anyone who's players had a HUGE first week)
        7. Get really brutal with the BAPAY timelimits in the later rounds-- This could incentivize people to send their picks to someone else.

I could live with any of the options. I am not yet panicked since we might get a really fast run somewhere along the way-- I actually thought once it got to nye it would race around the bend and back to him again but we all have lives and reasons we can't get online sometimes. Since all but one of us are in North America, there should be sometime (evening) when we can all be around and get a round in within a few hours.

But if time gets short, I could see really short timelimits and double picks as an option for the last four rounds.

Oh and do we have a commissioner?
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
          I'm good for an intense drafting session to plow through multiple rounds at some point as long as it's after 6:30 or 7:00 PM Eastern M-F (I'm more flexible on weekends). While I can participate at work on a daily basis, I can't fully commit to a set time during working hours since I don't know what my schedule is going to be like on a day-to-day basis.
          Ditto on the workday. My problem on the weeknights is I am usually busy with the commute and with my children until about 10 eastern--
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• There's no reason why everyone can't monitor the draft on a semi-regular basis and submit lists to certain people if it looks like their pick is coming up soon and they won't be available. I'm around a fair bit, so I'm happy to have people send me names, and I figure Imran and Asher are probably in the same boat.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• BTW, Tingkai:

Those idiots at TSN ranked the top 5 goaltenders in their fantasy projections thusly:
              1. Brodeur
              2. Kiprusoff
              3. Lundqvist
              4. Luongo
              5. Backstrom
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I'll be making my pick in about 2 or 3 hours, I will then be around for my next 1 all evening if boo, SHawk, and Asher are around this evening.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• You'll be making our pick in 2 to 3 hours? Are you serious? You're basically killing an entire evening...this is prime time...

Comment

• I say we figure out a time that most of us can do it online, and those of us who can't make it at that time (including myself) should leave a list or just suck it and accept whatever we get.

Honestly, this can't be that hard to do. I've done live online draft with other doctors, and you know what our schedules are like.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                      I'll be making my pick in about 2 or 3 hours, I will then be around for my next 1 all evening if boo, SHawk, and Asher are around this evening.
                      I hate to agree with Asher, but the time it took you to type this message should have been enough time to make your pick. Personally if I wasn't going to make a pick I don't think I would have posted a message saying so as I don't see what purpose it serves.

Oh well, to each his own, I have been checking back regularly to see where we were at, guess I don't need to keep doing so for a couple of hours at least. Hopefully MrBoo doesn't take a couple hours or it could be a late night for me!

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I'm fine with that. Anything but this -- this isnt moving for ****, and some people here have enough time to post an explanation that he'll be back later in a few hours but not enough time to post a name.

If people aren't going to do this the old way, we're going to have to do a live draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                          I say we figure out a time that most of us can do it online, and those of us who can't make it at that time (including myself) should leave a list or just suck it and accept whatever we get.
                          I wouldn't mind that that much once we get a few more rounds done. Its thoses dang early games in Europe . .. Without those, we would have lots of time!!

I'm Don Cherry! I just found a way to blame Europeans

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

I hate to agree with Asher, but the time it took you to type this message should have been enough time to make your pick. Personally if I wasn't going to make a pick I don't think I would have posted a message saying so as I don't see what purpose it serves.

Oh well, to each his own, I have been checking back regularly to see where we were at, guess I don't need to keep doing so for a couple of hours at least. Hopefully MrBoo doesn't take a couple hours or it could be a late night for me!

* Sparrowhawk
                            Assuming I had time at work to do more than post that message.

You're welcome.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• /me points to the "send your picks in a list ffs" button
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                                Hopefully MrBoo doesn't take a couple hours or it could be a late night for me!
                                don't worry, once I'm done my homework (30mins max), I'll spend the rest of the time waiting for nye on selecting my next pick. I really hope I don't have to pick tomorrow (or Thrusday) because those days are the worst of classes for me (6 hours of classes, with 3 1.5 hours classes back2back2back)

If I'm up within 30mins, I'll try to decide as quick as possible.

Also, I'm free in evenings
                                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Working...
                                X