Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XVII : Champions League Final and beyond..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
    I'd like to see him get his 100 caps and retire after Euro 08.
    It would be nice to see him get to 100 and he deserves it.

Comment

• Turn sound on.

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Who scored that goal again?
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Lampard showing once again he's out of his depth at International level, neither tackling back or creating opportunities, what exactly is his role? To make Gerrard look even better?

Whilst Beckham, despite his age, can still create something from nothing. And provided our best chance of the match so far.

Smith has also been useless.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Yeah, Smith and Lumpy were poor. England tackled fairly well and showed some spirit, but that was about all. Brazil dominated and didn't deserve to lose.

Comment

• Wow. In tonight's crucial Euro qualifier in Copenhagen, Denmark was down by 3 against Sweden after 25 minutes, tied it 3-3, and then in the last minute, some moron enters the field and attacks the ref, who then declares a Danish loss by 0 - 3.

For shame!

Comment

• To clarify: The match was broken off in the 90eth minute, after an attack on the referee by a disappointed danish fan. The attack followed a completely justified red card for Christian Poulsen who had punched Marcus Rosenberg in the stomach.

The referee had no choice but to present Poulsen the red card, and award Sweden a penalty kick.

I don't know who cooked up the story that Denmark lost the match 0-3 - noone at the stadium have the powers to make that decision. It is still the likely outcome, but as of now, the match has ended with no result. It is only the UEFA disciplinary comittee who can decide what the final outcone will be, but history has shown that 0-3 is the likely outcome anyway (which is probably why someone was quick to announce that at the stadium).

I am devastated. Down 0-3 - then the amazing comeback, and chances to even go ahead 4-3, and then this moron (Poulsen, not the fan) destroys the evening. Then another moron (the fan, not Poulsen) decides to take matters in his own hand, and attack the ref. What a bummer

Danish footbal was set back years tonight

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• WTF Why did the ref go off and not continue the match? Was he hurt or scared, or is it standard practice to go off when the ref might be in further danger?

Comment

• LOLLERSKATES scousers..

filmed on Thursday 24th May 2007 - the Liverpool 'we've won it 6 times' open top bus that would have taken the team through the city but....
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

WTF Why did the ref go off and not continue the match? Was he hurt or scared, or is it standard practice to go off when the ref might be in further danger?
                      I think it is standard practise, remember the Lazio game a few years back when the ref was hit by a coin.

Comment

• It's being reported that the guy was a 29 year old living in Gothenburg, Sweden. Colour me a bit confused.

He's been released by police this morning. Judging by the press hysteria and the general notoriety he's gained, if his identity is ever revealed he probably won't live long after..
                        Last edited by Winston; June 3, 2007, 05:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
                          It's being reported that the guy was a 29 year old Syrian, living in Sweden. Colour me a bit confused.
                          Where did you see that??

All the newspapers report that police say that he is danish??

Asmodean
                          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• I was editing it while you posted. I began to have doubts myself after seeing the guy's picture. He looks as Scandinavian as can be.

I believe I saw the Syrian reference in some of the earlier reports that were posted shortly after the match. I'll see if I can find a link.

Comment

• 4th paragraph, says he's Danish-Syrian. But it was obviously a preliminary report, and all sorts of rumours were flying at the time.

Comment

Lampard showing once again he's out of his depth at International level, neither tackling back or creating opportunities, what exactly is his role? To make Gerrard look even better?
                                Former 2 times England fans player of the year Lampard out of his depth at international level? We were playing Brazil in a friendly after a season in which he's alredy played 77 games, what exactly did people expect?
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X