Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XVII : Champions League Final and beyond..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
    Bolton
    It'll be interesting to see how they manage without Big Fat Sam.

Comment

• 'Not very well' would be my guess....top half rather than top 6.

Comment

• An electric match Brazil v. USA in the U20 World Cup.

Adu is actually producing.

Altidore is a stud. A clinical finisher. I like him quite a bit. He came out of nowhere at the end of last season (October in the States).

Last edited by DanS; July 7, 2007, 13:06.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Adu had a hat trick in the game prior. Though Adu seems like he's best in a midfield role, and Altidore doing the striker work.
          I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Not always fair to judge a game from just ten minutes, but it did indeed look like a good one. Both sides had plenty of players that showed good ball control and technique despite a high tempo.

Just came home from a match myself. Perhaps not the same level of technique and ball control, but I'm pleased. Sent an SMS to my significant other and stated that we ever had a son, his first name had to be "Bobbie Friberg Jos da Cruz"!

I will not reveal the answer I got...

Comment

• Hey Barcodes - wanna buy William Gallas? You could do with a 'quality' defender. He doesn't shirk, moan, and slag off his club all the time - honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
                Hey Barcodes - wanna buy William Gallas? You could do with a 'quality' defender. He doesn't shirk, moan, and slag off his club all the time - honest.
                We won't fall for your trickery

Um... unless the price is good .
                I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.

Comment

• Gallas is a good player, both the 'moans' he's had with the Arse and Chelski have been legitimate....IMHO.

Comment

• Brazil just beat Urugay in the Copa America semi on penalties. The Brazilian keeper was practically sat on the penalty spot when he saved the last penalty.
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Argentina beats Mexico 3-0

Look at this goal by messi

Brazil Argentina final, the best that could happen

I need a foot massage

Comment

• His other goal was fantastic too. He handled a ball off the outside of his left foot.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Van Basten would have done better!

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnabas
                            Argentina beats Mexico 3-0

Look at this goal by messi
                            He did it when they were already winning with the pressure off, and a penalty that was given from a Tevez dive Mexico also hit the bar and post too at 0-0, when your lucks not in...
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Great cover story in Sports Illustrated about Beckham coming to LA (btw, VERY Real Madrid of the LA Galaxy with their new uniforms):

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...0/beckham0716/

A lot of optimism in the article, but I do think the Becks will have a pretty decent sized impact on soccer in the US. Sure, the media hype will die down a bit from where it is now, but Beckham will be a very big draw for the next few years and will lead to much greater interest for the MLS (which has a brand spanking new TV deal with ESPN) and may even convince some other European players who are not over the hill to come across the pond as well.

Comment

• I hope he does well.

Angel who couldn't buy a goal in the EPL already has 9 goals in 8 games for New York, so I expect Beckham to score a few, and rack up plenty of assists. If he stays fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X