Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XVII : Champions League Final and beyond..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is not logical, captain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
      Seriously, WTF is wrong with you two? How can you still be arguing about this?

Comment

• Man Yoo sign Teves.

EXCLUSIVE: Carlos Tevez last night agreed to join Manchester United in a permanent deal worth more than £20million. The move will be completed next week, subject to any challenge from West Ham, who still claim to own the registration of the player who saved them from relegation last season

That's next season's EPL winners established then. They've spent crazy money this summer. What is it now, £70m?

Comment

• Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• If you two are still arguing when this thread reaches 500 posts, be sure to start the new one before reds4ever does.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Jeez, an argument goes a page and change and you are all whining like little old ladies.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva
                If you two are still arguing when this thread reaches 500 posts, be sure to start the new one before reds4ever does.
                Now what shall I call the next one......?

"World Football Thread MIIVC: Lucking forward too a knew season"

Comment

• Well done LS. Do you have PCR powers Imran?
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Good, gooood (cockroach from family guy voice)
                    When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

• The real performance of EPL table over the last 6 years: a serious football analysis:

Copied from an Arsenal forum - original source data from the link - apparantly:

and it is hats off to Fat Sam (the only time I'll ever say this).
                      If you average out finishing positions over the last six years and then rank the teams (i.e. Man U 1st, Arsenal 2nd, Spurs 6th etc) and contrast this to the average spend in transfers (courtesy to http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/) you are able to come up with a real performance table. Bolton top it because 8th best league finisher in the last six years and yet only the 14th best spenders. Arsenal are sixth highest average spenders (with an average of 14.8 million euros over these seasons inclusive) and yet 2nd best league finishers, with 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th.
                      Let's all laugh at Spurs: average spend of 22.2 million euros (3rd highest - yes third!) and yet only sixth best league performers, making them the 13th best performing club in terms of value for money.
                      Let's also laugh at Burrah: average spend over last 6 seasons of 14.5 million euros (yes! just £150,000 less than the Arsenal!) and yet on average 11th best performance in the premier league.
                      Ha ha ha.

rank.........av. finish.........av.spend (euros)

1st Bolton Wan 10th 2.9
                      2nd Arsenal 2nd 14.8
                      3rd Everton 10th 5.3
                      4th Blackburn Rov 10th 4.1
                      5th Manchester Utd 2nd 27.2
                      6th West Ham Utd 16th 0.6
                      7th Liverpool 4th 18.0
                      8th Newcastle Utd 8th 18.0
                      9th Portsmouth 19th 3.7
                      10th Fulham 13th 6.1
                      11th Aston Villa 11th 9.1
                      12th Chelsea 3rd 75.1
                      13th Tottenham H 9th 22.2
                      14th Manchester City 14th 8.8
                      15th Middlesbrough 11th 14.5

Comment

• Bolton
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I am watching Argentina vs Paraguay, and thinking that a combined Mercosur (Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay) team could beat a rest-of-the-world team.

I think it would be cool to watch, but only yanks can organize cool things like that
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

• Don't FIFA sometimes organise Europe v rest of the world? Like for charity or some famous player retiring. Last time i saw one it ended 6-4 or something, with about 10 subs used each.

BTW did you notice the ref insist they remove the tape from the pitch before the game started? Why don't they do that in Argentinean or Chilean league games?
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Fat Sam . Glad Newcastle's got him now . Some really promising signings so far.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                                Don't FIFA sometimes organise Europe v rest of the world? Like for charity or some famous player retiring. Last time i saw one it ended 6-4 or something, with about 10 subs used each.
                                And zero tackles, ISTR. It wasn't a real game.

Comment

Working...
                                X