Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Free Agency

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wow... I hope the Falcons got some good value (edit: see below) for that deal.

    Edit: ESPN says -

    When the trade is completed, Atlanta and Houston will flip-flop first-round picks in April's draft, and Atlanta will receive Houston's second-round picks in 2007 and 2008. The deal likely will be completed later Wednesday afternoon. Houston has the No. 8 pick in the first round of the draft, while Atlanta is slotted 10th.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

    Comment


    • Two seconds and a swap between the #8 and #10 picks, reportedly.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

      Comment


      • Not bad... moving up two positions in the draft order and 2 seconds is pretty nice.

        Maybe the Falcons can package the 2 seconds they have in '07 to move up into the late 1st round and perhaps get some secondary help late in the 1st round and not having to with their now #8 pick.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

        Comment


        • According to SI's Don Banks, the NFL could suspend Pacman for a year.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

          Comment


          • nfldraftcountdown.com is showing the Falcons taking Jamaal Brown, DE Arkansas, at #8 to replace Patrick Kerney.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

            Comment


            • If the Falcons can't swing a deal with those 2nd rounders and the #8 to get Calvin Johnson, I think they'll definately take a DE with that pick.

              And don't you mean Jamaal Anderson?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

              Comment


              • Whatever.

                BTW, the "price book" value to get Calvin would take their #8, both 2nds and their third-rounder. I know his workout numbers are unreal, but is anyone worth that much?
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

                Comment


                • Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                  BTW, the "price book" value to get Calvin would take their #8, both 2nds and their third-rounder. I know his workout numbers are unreal, but is anyone worth that much?
                  That sounds about right... and Johnson may be worth that. Looking at it another way, it'd be Atlanta dealing Matt Schaub and 10th pick and a 3rd rounder to get Johnson (looks a little better because they raped Houston).

                  Though they definitely do have big needs on the defensive and offensive lines, as well as safety. This is a very WR heavy draft, and I'm sure they can get a very good one early in the 2nd round.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                  Comment


                  • Let's not forget that price also includes an excellent backup QB.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

                    Comment


                    • Brady visited Detroit today.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

                      Comment


                      • Greg? No, wait - Marcia?
                        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

                        Comment


                        • Quinn. Marcia can come see me.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

                          Comment


                          • Gee, I didn't know you and "Brady" were buds.
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

                            Comment


                            • David Carr is getting screwed. Finally the Texans will do something about the OL, maybe Levi Brown.
                              Carr spends years getting knocked on his ass, now make a trade and address the problem for the next guy.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                                Whatever.

                                BTW, the "price book" value to get Calvin would take their #8, both 2nds and their third-rounder. I know his workout numbers are unreal, but is anyone worth that much?
                                please please please let Detroit make that trade.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

                                When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X