Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Free Agency

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Lord Avalon
    Browns won the coin toss for 3rd pick. Bucs GM called heads, it was tails, so they get 4th.
    Fan half: ****, we can't even catch a ****ing break from the administration on a ****ing coin toss!

    Realist half: It doesn't matter, because Cleveland's needs and our needs are widely disparate. Though if Cleveland drafts Johnson, I may have to commit hara-kiri on somebody.

    Dillon's release is a good move all around. Dillon will get to move to a team that needs help in the running department and still make good money; the Patriots will save money and give the ball to Maroney full-time (and I fully believe Maroney's ready for it; heck, I thought Maroney was ready for the full load last year).
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

    Comment


    • #32
      I actually think that there is a very, very good chance that the Browns take Calvin Johnson with that pick, after Joe Thomas falls to the Lions, and JaMarcus Russell to the Raiders. Though the Lions take Quinn, perhaps Johnson falls to the Buccs.

      The Buccs will probably get a shot at either Quinn (personally I'd dump Simms for Quinn, but then again, I have never been sold on Simms) or Johnson depending on what the Lions do.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

      Comment


      • #33
        If Joe Thomas fall to the Lions? Yeah, the Raiders are going to take Thomas with 1st pick. I doubt it. What the Raiders are deciding is which QB.

        Bucs take Johnson, Cleveland takes Adrian Peterson.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

        Comment


        • #34
          I didn't use the term if, Sloww. Perhaps you noticed?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

          Comment


          • #35
            Well, what can we argue about?

            Which QB will Raiders take? I say it won't be the correct one.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

            Comment


            • #36
              JaMarcus Russell... and yes, that is the correct one.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

              Comment


              • #37
                I'd stay the hell away from Brady Quinn. The last few games of the college season proved beyond a doubt that he's no miracle man; but merely just the product of a great system and above average complimentary players. Simms is my guy unless we can find a quality QB on the free agent market with the skills to challenge him. (I was hoping Jacksonville would follow through with their insanity and let Leftwich go, but that's not to be.)

                I take Johnson without question if he's available. If he's gone (and in that case, I curse the Cleveland Browns, because neither Oakland nor Detroit's taking him) I find the best defensive stalwart I can.
                CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

                Comment


                • #38
                  I still believe in Simms.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Another Bronco passes away...

                    DENVER (AP) -- Broncos running back Damien Nash collapsed and died after a charity basketball game in suburban St. Louis on Saturday, less than two months after the slaying of teammate Darrent Williams.

                    "We have been informed of the passing of Damien Nash," team spokesman Jim Saccomano said Saturday night. "We are attempting to get more details. ... We do know it's true."

                    Officials at Christian Hospital in St. Louis said the 24-year-old Nash died early Saturday evening. The cause of death wasn't immediately determined.

                    Nash collapsed shortly after participating in the game benefiting a foundation named for older brother Darris Nash. The foundation raises money for heart transplant research. It was established last month, after Darris Nash received a heart transplant.

                    Former Missouri receiver Sean Coffey was at the event with Nash and told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch there was no indication anything was wrong.

                    "Everything was normal. ... We were playing around at the game. ... He was fine," Coffey told the newspaper. "I give my best to his family. This is crazy. I can't believe this is happening. It was the first time I had seen him in a couple of years. I can't believe he's gone. I'm so happy I got to see him one last time."

                    Nash was from East St. Louis, Ill., and played two years at Missouri after playing at Coffeyville Community College in Kansas.

                    "The Denver Broncos organization is once again struck with profound sadness over the tragic loss of one of our players," team owner Pat Bowlen said in a statement. "This is a tremendous tragedy and our hearts go out to the entire Nash family."

                    The Broncos are still reeling from the slaying of Williams, who was shot once in the neck while leaving a New Year's Eve party in his rented stretch Hummer in downtown Denver hours after the season ended. His slaying remains unsolved.

                    "The Broncos family has suffered a great loss with the passing of Damien Nash," coach Mike Shanahan said from Indianapolis, where he was attending the NFL's scouting combine along with general manager Ted Sundquist. "I am stunned and deeply saddened by this tragedy, and send my deepest condolences to Damien's family."

                    A fifth-round draft choice by Tennessee in 2005, Nash played in three games for the Titans. The Broncos signed him as a free agent last season and he played in three games, rushing for 98 yards on 24 carries.
                    Link

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      People are abandoning ship left and right.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Free agency officially starts this Friday. We'll start seeing the official cuts of non-tendered players over the next couple days...
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Philly signed AJ Feeley to a 3-yr extension, meaning Garcia is out. Did they think Garcia was going to be too expensive?
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                            Philly signed AJ Feeley to a 3-yr extension, meaning Garcia is out. Did they think Garcia was going to be too expensive?
                            Garcia is gearing up for Dallas
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Oh, a reunion with TO? Ha!
                              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                KC signed QB Damon Huard to 3-yr extension.
                                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X