This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stuie

Better yet, just have a certain WR spit on him.
    Make sure you slap him first, though.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Romo has suffered much the same fate as Grossman. He came out firing in his first few games and had a lot of success. Teams didn't have any film on him. They didn't know his tendencies or how to formulate their gameplan against him. Once teams started to pile up enough film on Romo (like teams did with Grossman), they started to play better defense against him. With Grossman, Minnesota had a good game plan, but it really wasn't until the Arizona game that teams really caught on to him. They knew that he would make the mistakes if you pressured him up the middle and forced him to make a play.

With Romo, I'm not sure exactly what defenses have been doing because I haven't seen enough Cowboys games. But it's taken about the same amount of time for opposing defenses to adjust to him.

It's not that Romo or Grossman aren't good quarterbacks, it's that their respective offensive coordinators need to adjust their gameplans so that they give their QB's the best chance to win against defenses that have formulated a response to a "fresh" QB that is having a lot of success. The Bears were lucky (if you will) to have had their struggles on offense earlier in the season so that they could have a little more time to work out their problems at QB. Dallas is struggling with offense right now and the season is winding down. That's a bad time to be struggling.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I agree with Sava. ( ) This week is make or break for Romo and the Cowboys to turn it around. Fortunately for them, they get a toothless Lions team. I expect to see a conservative, run-oriented game plan designed to put young Tony in position to execute low-risk passes.

I expect Dallas to kick butt.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Wow. Agreeing with Sava and kissing Sloww's ass all in one post. I didn't think it was possible...
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
              Wow. Agreeing with Sava and kissing Sloww's ass all in one post. I didn't think it was possible...
              What can I say, I have mad PR skillz.
              And apparently, I've come over all mushy with holiday spirit, or something.

This, too, shall pass.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                Personally, I'm all for it. It means I get to watch the night game on New Year's Eve with nary a complaint from my wife.
                I'm happy also, as I work until 6:30 new year's eve
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I still think the Cowboys are going to be the NFC champs, even though they lost to New Orleans and to Philly.

They are more balanced then Philly, no real weaknesses. The Bears are pretty good but they need good Rex to show up for three games in a row.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Do you think the Cowboys can get past the Saints after the shellacking they put on them? And what if Rex is "good Rex" in that game against the Boys?

No real weakness, Ben? Your QB has not adapted to the fact that other teams' defenses are figuring out his tendencies. He better learn that fast if the Boys have any chance. And the sniping is getting worse weak after weak. Even Terry Glenn is getting in on that!!
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Cowboys will go to the Super Bowl.

I can hear Tuber gasping.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• For all the talk about the confusion in the NFC, the way I read this, the Giants do totally control their own destiny. They win all tiebreakers vs. everyone else. The only thing close is the infamous "strength of victory" tiebreaker, which only comes into effect vs. Green Bay. Opponents defeated by NYG have 46 wins, while those defeated by GB have only 33. So it's all Giants.

But that's the Saturday game, so the league is not anxious to publicize the fact that all those Sunday NFC games would be meaningless.

If the Giants lose, it's the Packers who control their own fate.

If Green Bay and New York both lose, then it's a crapshoot.

Comment

• The scenario for the Packers getting into the Playoffs was pretty crazy. I was reading about it in the paper this morning. I can't even recall exactly what any number of things need to happen in addition to their winning on Sunday.

JR, does that strength of victory number take into account the Bears victory total (in the event they beat the Bears on Sunday)?

If not, I would think beating the Bears puts them in a better position as far as that number is concerned.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Which NFC team currently at 7-8 will make the playoffs?
                            St. Louis Rams
                            Atlanta Falcons
                            New York Giants
                            Carolina Panthers
                            Green Bay Packers

Which NFC team currently at 7-8 will make the playoffs?
                            27%
                            Green Bay Packers

26%
                            New York Giants

24%
                            St. Louis Rams

12%
                            Atlanta Falcons

11%
                            Carolina Panthers

Total Votes: 53127

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• It's because there are a ton of Packers fans. How can you not like a team that is owned by the town?
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                How can you not like a team that is owned by the town?
                                The town is populated by Packer fans... that's how.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X