Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo was in FG range with under a minute to go, an Losman throws an INT on a deep pass.

Griese, BTW, was 6 for 9, 51 yards, no mistakes, 2 FG drives. Boring, dependable, successful.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Normally Buffalo would have been in FG range, but there were 15 mph winds coming straight at the Bills offense.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
        I believe, with today's results, the NFC has guaranteed no wild card team over 500.
        Parity uber alles!
        Incorrect, Philly can finish above .500. Dallas is already above .500.

One of the Wildcards will be .500, at best.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I stand corrected.

Still, with one week to go, there will only be 5 NFC teams above .500
          Ack, indeed.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I believe, with today's results, the NFC has guaranteed no wild card team over 500.
            Parity uber alles!
            Philly are 8-6 and Dallas are 9-5, both in NFC East

Comment

• Mark Anderson had two sacks and a forced fumble. That brings his sacks to 12, with one game to go. That is a rookie record, I believe.

Last year the uber-mensch Shawn Merriman got 10 sacks and won Defensive Rookie of the year. Anderson is better, but gets no press at all. For example, on recent polls where we get to vote for ROY, he was not even listed. Strange for the rookie sack leader.

Yeah, the ESPNners only know what happens in the NFC East and a few selected AFC teams. Other than that, they (seem to) know nothing about what is going on in the NFL. After all, they said, Carolina was the best team in football other than Pittsburgh. They can only forceast history betraying their consumate ignorance about why teams win and why teams lose and who has the talent to win.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Anderson is not better. There are things called run support and pass coverage, both of which Merriman is pretty good at, and Anderson is entirely incapable of doing. But I know you make a living here of being dense, so whatever.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• DeMeco Ryans will likwly be defensive ROY. He plays every down, and that counts for a lot. AJ Hawk was pretty impressive as well.

Much as I like to see recognition for Da Bears, setting the rookie sack record alone just doesn't cut it. The fact is, Anderson is not a starter. At DE, that would be Ogunleye and Alex Brown. In fact, Anderson is still coming off the bench even with DTs Tommie Harris and Tank Johnson out.

Should he be on the ballot? Maybe, probably.
                  Does he deserve to win? Sorry, absolutely not.

Comment

• Man the Chargers miss Brees right now.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• ZOMG! Cincy scores TD, down 24-23, tied up, right? NO! Bad snap, no attempt!
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• 41sec left, onside attempt recovered by Bengals, but flag - offsides. Interesting attempt. First guy faked kick, 2nd guy kicked it.

Time out. 2nd attempt, 1st guy fakes, 2nd guy tried to pooch, but kicks too far, Denver catches it, KR just falls down. Kneel down, game over.
                        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                          Man the Chargers miss Brees right now.
                          Oh? Looks like Rivers just threw for TD, so now they're up.

Edit: And they win, 20-17.

Seattle wins their division due to SF losing to *snicker* Arizona.
                          Last edited by Lord Avalon; December 24, 2006, 20:48.

Comment

• I can't believe the Bengals lost because they messed up the PAT! Wow... that long snapper is not going to be liked this week.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Also offsides on the 1st onside kick attempt. They had recovered.

Comment

DeMeco Ryans will likwly be defensive ROY. He plays every down, and that counts for a lot. AJ Hawk was pretty impressive as well.

Much as I like to see recognition for Da Bears, setting the rookie sack record alone just doesn't cut it. The fact is, Anderson is not a starter. At DE, that would be Ogunleye and Alex Brown. In fact, Anderson is still coming off the bench even with DTs Tommie Harris and Tank Johnson out.

Should he be on the ballot? Maybe, probably.
                                Does he deserve to win? Sorry, absolutely not.
                                But he is not a tackle. He plays DE, where pro-bowlers Brown and Ogunleye also play. It is tough to break into the starting lineup with those two as the current starters.

What are the criteria for winning? Starting or achieving? If the former, clearly Anderson cannot win. If the latter, he should, as he has even surpassed Shawn Merriman's rookie stats.
                                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                                X