This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    That's what blew my mind; that, and Donegeal's blow out prediction on all but Boise State.
    Wish list Sloww. Just what I think it would take to have the Big 10 finish 1 2 3 in the BCS.

My predictions are like this:
    OSU big over Florida
    Mich soundly beats USC (but not a blowout)
    Oklahoma crushes Boise State
    Louisville easily over Wake Forest
    LSU walks all over ND
    Arkansas is going to beat my beloved Badgers.

After Bowl Game Predictions:
    1 OSU
    2 Mich
    3 Florida
    4 LSU
    5 Louisville
    6 USC
    7 Auburn
    8 Oklahoma
    9 Arkansas
    10 Wisconsin
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I see. You homer.

WOW! You're going against Wisconsin though?
      That's so sad it almost makes me want to cheer for the Badgers.
      Last edited by SlowwHand; December 4, 2006, 10:31.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Excerpt from http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6...T=HCP&GT1=8901

I sense an ACS letter writing campaign of protest.

Humans take back control of the BCS

USC lost by four to UCLA, Florida squeaked by a bad Florida State team, and then pulled out everything in its bag to get past Arkansas to win the SEC title. Even though the Gators weren't exactly amazing, they were good enough to win the nation's toughest conference and make the voters want to see them play for the title.

Also:
        The AT&T Cotton Bowl got the Big 12 team it coveted in Nebraska and will match the Cornhuskers against Auburn, the only team to beat Florida this season.
        Last edited by SlowwHand; December 4, 2006, 10:50.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

If OSU does beat Florida by a bunch and Michigan does wind up second, we will KNOW that Michigan got jobbed on the national championship.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Is that your Top 10 ballot, Donegal? If not...

1. Ohio State (6) 60
            2. Michigan 46
            3. Florida 42
            4. Louisville 39
            5. LSU 23
            6. USC 22
            7. Wisconsin 20
            7. Boise State 20
            9. Oklahoma 18
            10. Notre Dame 10
            10. West Virginia 10

ARV: Auburn 8, Texas 7, Cal 3, Wake Forest 1, BYU 1.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yeah... top ten post bowl games.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                If OSU does beat Florida by a bunch and Michigan does wind up second, we will KNOW that Michigan got jobbed on the national championship.
                No, we won't. Because Michigan did not get jobbed. They played a national championship game, and lost.

The BCS method sucks, and the way this all went down is fishy as hell--think Florida would've jumped Michigan if USC hadn't lost?--but Florida, despite likely not being the #2 team in the country, deserves a shot at OSU more than Michigan.

Think of this from OSU's perspective: why should they have to beat Michigan twice?

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                  What will be your song and dance if both Florida and USC win?
                  Something along the lines of "DOH!" ?

Comment

1. Ohio State (7) 70
                    2. Michigan 55
                    3. Florida 50
                    4. Louisville 45
                    5. LSU 30
                    6. USC 27
                    7. Oklahoma 21
                    8. Wisconsin 20
                    8. Boise State 20
                    10. Auburn 12

ARV: Notre Dame 10, West Virginia 10, Texas 7, Cal 3, Arkansas 2, Wake Forest 1, BYU 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

What will be your song and dance if both Florida and USC win?
                      Something along the lines of "DOH!" ?
                      I'd happily make a wager along those lines, Tex.

Comment

Did I say anything to you? No, I didn't. I'm bothering someone else, ok?

Comment

Don't be coy, Tex. You know that you always bother me.

Anyone interested in doing one of those online Bowl Pick 'Ems, a la the ACS Lombardi League?

Comment

Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

No, we won't. Because Michigan did not get jobbed. They played a national championship game, and lost.

The BCS method sucks, and the way this all went down is fishy as hell--think Florida would've jumped Michigan if USC hadn't lost?--but Florida, despite likely not being the #2 team in the country, deserves a shot at OSU more than Michigan.

Think of this from OSU's perspective: why should they have to beat Michigan twice?
                              A NCG does not take place on the home field of one of the teams. That is the major flaw in the anti-Michaganers here.

Second, prior to Sunday, Florida was way way way back of Michigan in the BCS. They did nothing, IMHO, to justify jumping over them to the number 2 spot except for the desire of a lot of folks not to see a Michigan-OSU rematch.

If Michigan's only loss is to OSU on OSU's home field, and OSU suffers, for example, a narrow loss to Florida, I would say that Michigan should be the national champion, not Florida, because their record would be better than Florida's in that Michigan's only loss would be to the number 2 or 3 team at their home field and Florida lost to Auburn, a much lesser team, by 10.
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

What we should have is a mini-playoff between Florida and Michigan. Perhaps Michigan could issue a challenge to Florida to play it at any time, at any place, prior to Christmas, for the right to face OSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X