This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ned
    Imran, et al., why don't you anti-Michiganers ever address the home-field advantage OSU enjoyed. You seem to assume that Michigan and OSU played each other on an neutral field. They did not.
    Cause it really doesn't matter to me. A championship team would win on the road.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
      If you don't know how many teams there are, so you don't know how many games there will be, it will be bad for planning for hotels, restaurants, bars, security, etc. They need to know well in advance that there's going to be a bowl in their city.
      You're never going to have more than 8 teams qualify; play the prelim round at the higher seed's stadium, and the semifinals and finals are at a bowl site. Done.

And even if there are more than eight teams, play home field advantage until the semis.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Imran, if Michigan had won on the road, it clearly would have been a championship team. But its failure to do so has yet to resolve which is better, OSU or Michigan.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

In all my years of watching football, I never knew the University of Michigan were such bawl bags.
          I used to respect their efforts, but now I think they're babies.

A similar argument could be made every year, but it's not.
          Something's "not fair".
          Last edited by SlowwHand; December 4, 2006, 17:14.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            In all my years of watching football, I never knew the University of Michigan were such bawl bags.
            I used to respect their efforts, but now I think they're babies.
            While some of their fans have acted up, others and the university haven't. I thought it was great when the coach took a pass and didn't vote in the Coaches poll since his team was involved in a big way. He hasn't really complained... well a tad, but nowhere near how bad the Florida coach did prior, saying the whole system was screwed up if Michigan got a rematch. Don't take a shot at Michigan just because a few of their fans have been vocal about thinking they were cheated
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ok, fine. Ned is a big baby.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                People are making similar mistakes with Florida as they did with the 2002-03 Ohio State team. Both teams won unimpressively throughout the year, leading many to think they weren't all that good, but they found ways to pull out wins. Florida has a very, very good defense and an offense that just does enough usually. I think this'll be a fairly low scoring game with Ohio State winning by 7 at the end (24-17 is my pick, if you are wondering).

edit: Though, the interesting thing is Florida saved its best offensive performance for its last game where it just rolled against the Arkansas D.
                To say that Florida "rolled" is incorrect. I saw both games, and I think LSU handled us much better than Florida. LSU was capable of converting third downs at will, while Florida won because of a blocked punt and a muffed punt return, plain and simple.
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                  Michigan did get jobbed. Idle two weeks, and two different teams vaulted over them in the rankings.

The BCS was supposed to pit the top two teams against each other in the NCG, and that's OSU & U-M.
                  UF has a harder and longer schedule. They earned the jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                    Imran, et al., why don't you anti-Michiganers ever address the home-field advantage OSU enjoyed. You seem to assume that Michigan and OSU played each other on an neutral field. They did not.
                    You little girl. Did the USMC cry about the home field advantage at Okinawa? UM needs to put more pride and importance into their regular season game against their biggest rival.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                      Imran, if Michigan had won on the road, it clearly would have been a championship team. But its failure to do so has yet to resolve which is better, OSU or Michigan.
                      I guess that rivalry game is meaningless. No pride, no balls and no guts.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

To say that Florida "rolled" is incorrect. I saw both games, and I think LSU handled us much better than Florida. LSU was capable of converting third downs at will, while Florida won because of a blocked punt and a muffed punt return, plain and simple.
                        Kicking game is important. Good teams find a way to win. It's not just about the glamor players.

Comment

lemme get this straight. ned is saying that even though michigan lost to osu the fact they played on the road leaves the question of who is better open?

im sure a lot of teams would like to take away road losses but thats not how the game is played
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

That's about the size of it.
                            How would you have a season where everyone played strictly Home games?

Comment

...says the guy who doesn't even rank Florida in his Top Ten...

I don't think Michigan is much better than Florida and they managed to keep it close against OSU...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                                G, I disagree that Michigan "should not" win the National Championship under any scenario. Michigan's only loss could be narrow one to OSU at OSU's home field. That could be considered a better record than Florida's if Florida beats OSU by a narrow margin on a neutral field.
                                USC won the AP part of the national championship a few years ago.

But, by contract, the others have to vote Florida #1.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X